Hoek van Holland Things to Do Tips by pieter_jan_v Top 5 Page for this destination
Hoek van Holland Things to Do: 18 reviews and 42 photos
Jaap Schut - Rock Art
The Rock Art museum is a museum devoted to the Dutch Beat and Rock era.
The basis of the collection is an amazing guitar display; also other early musical instruments used by famous Dutch artists, like herman Brood, Alquin and older guitar groups are on display.
Recently the original Soundpush Studio custom build mixer was acquired. This console stood at the birth of classic world hits, like Shocking Blue's "Venus". It's a one-of-a-kind Sony mixer.
The museum now also houses the original studio of off-shore radio station Radio Veronica and two of their Hilversum studio's
Rock Art has thematic collection on display each new season.
In the museum shop many interesting items can be bought (even good old vinyl records).
The museum will welcome you as a sponsor.
Plans are in progress to move the museum to a modern building at the Scheveningen harbour.
Entrance fee: € 5,00
School hollidays We: 1PM - 7PM
Th-Sa: 1PM - 7PM
1st Su of the month: 1PM - 7PM
Address: Zekkenstraat 42 - 3151 XP Hoek van Holland
Directions: From the city center follow the Prins Hendrik straat Eastwards.
Pilots on the Nieuwe Waterweg
Hoek van Holland is an ideal watching place.
Along the Nieuwe Waterweg, the waterway to Rotterdam, there are many spots to watch people and/or the boats in the waterway.
Address: Nieuwe Waterweg borders
Directions: Follow signs STRAND
Kustverlichtingsmuseum - Hoek van Holland
In 1893 construction of the Hoek van Holland lighthouse was completed. In combination with the outer "Low Light" it formed a light beam indicating the entrance to the Nieuwe Waterweg, the sea canal to the port of Rotterdam.
In 1960 the optics were replaced, but in 1974 (after completion of the Maasvlakte) the lighthouse was decommissioned.
In 1982 the building got the status of a monument and the museum for the Dutch coastal navigation lights (kustverlichtingsmuseum) was opened.
May - September: Sa-Su: 1PM-4PM
Address: Willem van Houtenstraat 102 - 3151 AC Hoek van Hol
Directions: Just East of the Center
More Reviews (3)
pieter_jan_v's Related Pages
Hoek van Holland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Holland's Corner"
- "Hoek van Holland in 1995"
- "Hoek van Holland"
- "Where Holland ends ...."
- "Tijger's new Hoek van Holland Page"
- "Hoek van Holland - Rotterdam aan Zee"
- "Stormy Hoek van Holland"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hoek van Holland
- Transportation in Hoek van Holland
- Restaurants in Hoek van Holland
- Warnings and Dangers in Hoek van Holland
- See All...
Explore the World
- Las Vegas Hotels
- Islamabad Hotels
- Bacolod City
- Saskatoon Hotels
- Laoag City
- La Spezia
- Ottawa Hotels
Badges & Stats in Hoek van Holland
- 6 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Hoek van Holland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hoek van Holland
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: And 12 points goes to:"
- updated a Hoek van Holland Travel Page "Where Holland ends ...."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Where Holland ends ...."
- Wrote a Review People Watching / Boats watching in Hoek van Holland Things to Do
- Commented on one of Umfufu's Hoek van Holland travel pages
Photos in Hoek van HollandSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 418 reviews, 1255 photos, 26 travelogues
- London Intro, 147 reviews, 740 photos, 10 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 140 reviews, 604 photos, 22 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 72 reviews, 642 photos, 10 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 92 reviews, 511 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 183 reviews, 416 photos, 7 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 70 reviews, 472 photos, 7 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 78 reviews, 445 photos, 10 travelogues
- Hengelo Intro, 138 reviews, 337 photos, 9 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 83 reviews, 335 photos, 18 travelogues