"HOOGEVEEN" Hoogeveen by pieter_jan_v

Hoogeveen Travel Guide: 103 reviews and 202 photos

Hoogeveen Information

Hoogeveen is a town in the South of the province of Drente. It has an small airport, a railway station, a state prison and a lot of protestant churches. The former canals in the city center are now nice walking area's. On the picture is "De Trommelslager" who used to guide people to the churches on Sundays.

More info.

• Pros:A nice main street with shops serving the area
  • Cons:Parties in the weekends
  • In a nutshell:Oogevene (as the locals say)
  • Last visit to Hoogeveen: Apr 2015
  • Intro Updated Apr 28, 2015

• Henk.Irene's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2010 at 10:15 AM

Hallo P.J. Het glasmuseum in Hoogeveen is enige jaren geleden opgeheven. Ik dacht richting Schiedam maar weet dat niet zeker. Groetjes Henk

• Jerelis's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2004 at 11:05 AM

Ik doe m'n best om ook een leuke pagina te maken van mijn eigen "hometown". Leuk om toch nog wat te lezen over Hoogeveen van een ander!

• Aug 11, 2003 at 11:03 PM

When I was in Europe, I was so obsessed with the large European cities that I missed the smaller places like Hoogeveen.

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2003 at 6:37 AM

Hoogeveen looks very nice I always get a little homesick when I look at dutch pic's Nice pic's Pieter.

• ATLC's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2002 at 11:57 PM

Who would think of Hoogeveen as a travel destination? I gather you mean beehive as symbol, not simple?
    Let's see more! :-)

pieter_jan_v Used To Live Here!

“And as I try to make my way to the ordinary world I will learn to survive (from Ordinary World by Duran Duran)”

Badges & Stats in Hoogeveen

Have you been to Hoogeveen?

Latest Activity in Hoogeveen