Koog aan de Zaan Things to Do Tips by pieter_jan_v
Koog aan de Zaan Things to Do: 2 reviews and 2 photos
A8ernA - Koog aan de Zaan
A8ernA is an art project to convert the space underneath the A8 highway, that split the village of Koog aan de Zaan, into a welcoming area for the local population and visitors.
Address: Verzetstraat - Koog aan de Zaan
Directions: A8 Highway
Kogerkerk - Koog aan de Zaan
The Kogerkek was constructed in 1686 at the center of Koog aan de Zaan, at that time a village of about 200 houses and a thousand inhabitants. The original population changed from fishermen and farmers to millers and tradesmen.
The cementery was part of the church from the beginning. Both the church and the cementery were enlarged in 1825.
The church tower was hit by lightning at May 2, 1920. A fire followed that destroyed the tower and a major part of the roof. The reconstruction lasted two years.
In front of the church is a small building called "De Stolp", an administrative office and meeting facility.
Address: Kerkstraat 14- 1541 HA Koog aan de Zaan
Directions: Center of the old town.
More Reviews (2)
pieter_jan_v's Related Pages
Koog aan de Zaan Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Koog aan de Zaan
- 4 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (110)
Have you been to Koog aan de Zaan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Koog aan de Zaan
Photos in Koog aan de ZaanSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 512 reviews, 1558 photos, 30 travelogues
- London Intro, 147 reviews, 740 photos, 10 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 140 reviews, 604 photos, 22 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 72 reviews, 642 photos, 10 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 92 reviews, 512 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 183 reviews, 417 photos, 7 travelogues
- Hengelo Intro, 159 reviews, 423 photos, 9 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 70 reviews, 472 photos, 7 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 78 reviews, 445 photos, 10 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 83 reviews, 335 photos, 18 travelogues