"Mestreech" Maastricht by pieter_jan_v

Maastricht Travel Guide: 1,279 reviews and 3,287 photos

The most Southern Dutch provincial Capital

Maastricht is a city founded in the Roman time as a fortress at the West side of the Maas river. It's the capital of the province of Limburg, which for a big part is bordered by Belgium and Germany.

Local Tourist Office
Events in and around Maastricht
Maastricht forum and more
Maastricht links
Limburg province daytrips

• Pros:Great old town
  • Cons:Crowded in the weekends
  • In a nutshell:Southerly beauty
  • Last visit to Maastricht: Aug 2009
  • Intro Updated Nov 7, 2009

• Aug 3, 2010 at 7:49 AM

Moonbeams is closed!!!

• johngayton's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2010 at 11:42 AM

Hi PJ - Good to meet you both last night. Have decided on a couple of days in Maastrciht next - will be out to look for the mountain! Prost! John.

• junecorlett's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2009 at 10:28 PM

I bought some beautiful old spoons here. My husband visited the cigar shops.

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2008 at 12:59 PM

Great tips!

• Aug 13, 2008 at 5:41 AM

Zoom Records has closed down.

• Sibbella's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2007 at 1:32 PM

NEE! (hee hee first Dutch word used) I have tired those drops and I am just not a fan of them. Now give me a stroopwafel and I'm your best friend!

• jo104's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2007 at 3:55 AM

Are you going to the meet? whats the best way for me to get to Maastricht from London?

• mary2u99's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2006 at 11:12 AM

The Australian are invading Netherlands.. hahaha So how is it compared to italian gelato?

• Redlats's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2006 at 3:54 PM

There is nothing about Limburger cheese! -- a favourite of my fathers (not mine). The meetings look like they were fun. By the way, I had forgotten you were on my homepage -- I had to go check where.

• cheapskate's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2006 at 1:35 AM

i missed the super huge VT meet by 10days.. nice travelogue.. lots of familiar sights.. and my fav pizza from napoli too! mama mia!

pieter_jan_v

“Are you ready boots? Start Walking (from These Boots Are Made For Walking by Nancy Sinatra)”

Badges & Stats in Maastricht

Have you been to Maastricht?

Latest Activity in Maastricht