"Noviomagus" Top 5 Page for this destination Nijmegen by pieter_jan_v
Nijmegen Travel Guide: 413 reviews and 757 photos
Nijmegen was founded by the Romans who called this place Noviomagus, meaning new market. In the days of Charlemagne, the city was called Numaga; later on this became Nieumeghen or Nimmegen.
Nijmegen is known for the Vierdaagse, a 4 day international walking event.
City Council Nijmegen
- Pros:Monuments, shops and the river
- Cons:Hilly (no high heels, ladies)
- In a nutshell:Good for a nice day out
The Nijmegen Bus Station is located at the North side of the Train station. There are many bus services available by a... more travel advice
The Waal river is a great place to be. Enjoy it from one of the Nijmegen terrasses or from a tourist boat. There's a... more travel advice
pieter_jan_v's Related Pages
Nijmegen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ulpia Noviomagus Batavorum"
- "egonwegh's own Nijmegen Page"
- "Nijmegen, residence of ancient emperors"
- "Nijmegen, my hometown"
- "Roeffie's Nijmegen Page"
- "ptitetoile's Nijmegen Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nijmegen
- Hotels in Nijmegen
- Transportation in Nijmegen
- Nightlife in Nijmegen
- Restaurants in Nijmegen
- Shopping in Nijmegen
- Warnings and Dangers in Nijmegen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nijmegen
- 19 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 46 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (111)
Have you been to Nijmegen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nijmegen
Photos in NijmegenSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 499 reviews, 1512 photos, 29 travelogues
- London Intro, 147 reviews, 740 photos, 10 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 140 reviews, 604 photos, 22 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 72 reviews, 642 photos, 10 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 92 reviews, 512 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 183 reviews, 417 photos, 7 travelogues
- Hengelo Intro, 157 reviews, 417 photos, 9 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 70 reviews, 472 photos, 7 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 78 reviews, 445 photos, 10 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 83 reviews, 335 photos, 18 travelogues