"Othmar's Heem" Ootmarsum by pieter_jan_v
Ootmarsum Travel Guide: 46 reviews and 121 photos
Welcome to Ootmarsum. A place with a history dating back to the year 125, when Othmar of Odemarus - a Frankian King- started a settlement.
In the 13th century it got its cityrights and was controlled by the bishop of Utrecht. There used to be a castle, but that got demolished. Nowadays the Church (made from Bentheimer stones) is the heart of this Siepelstad (onion city).
- Pros:Ideal for art lovers
- In a nutshell:2000 years of history in 1 town
Place de la Fontaine is a small back garden of the Ton Schulten gallery, that was transformed into a paved statue garden... more travel advice
The Jewish cemetery of Ootmarsum is located at the Kuiperberg, West of town. It dates from 1786. Nowadays there are 22... more travel advice
pieter_jan_v's Related Pages
Ootmarsum Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Othmar's Heem"
- "Ootmarsum, een parel in Twenthe"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ootmarsum
- Hotels in Ootmarsum
- Transportation in Ootmarsum
- Restaurants in Ootmarsum
- Shopping in Ootmarsum
- Warnings and Dangers in Ootmarsum
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ootmarsum
- 43 Reviews
- 98 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (270)
Have you been to Ootmarsum?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ootmarsum
Photos in OotmarsumSee All Photos (98)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 538 reviews, 1644 photos, 34 travelogues
- London Intro, 308 reviews, 1237 photos, 17 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 140 reviews, 604 photos, 22 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 72 reviews, 642 photos, 10 travelogues
- Hengelo Intro, 186 reviews, 486 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 92 reviews, 512 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 184 reviews, 419 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 131 reviews, 465 photos, 8 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 70 reviews, 472 photos, 7 travelogues
- Haarlem Intro, 181 reviews, 360 photos, 7 travelogues