Schiphol Local Custom Tips by pieter_jan_v Top 5 Page for this destination
Schiphol Local Customs: 11 reviews and 12 photos
Immigration - Passport check at Schiphol
The Netherlands is part of the Schengen treaty countries. Visitors with a citizinship of the following countries must have such a viusum.
The approval for a visum can take up to two months, check the application procedure.
At Schiphol only refugees (Asylum seekers) will be going through a lengthly on the spot approval procedure, that can take up some days. This procedure is done by the Immigratie- en Naturalisatie Dienst (IND), a justice department. Travellers without the proper paperwork normally will be refused entry and will be send back to their original point of departure.
Schiphol - Water drinking point
Potable water (water from the tap) normally is drinkable throughout The netherlands.
At Schiphol Airport special water drinking points are installed.
Bottled water is sold in many shops in the transfer area.
IMPORT REGULATIONS FOR THE NETHERLANDS
When you are returning from a country outside the European Union, you will be subject to the Dutch import regulations. So make sure that you do not bring back too much, in particular liquor and tobacco articles. Every person of 17 and older is allowed to import into the Netherlands:
200 cigarettes or 250 grammes of tobacco (shag or pipe tobacco) or 100 cigarillos or 50 cigars.
1 liter of liquor or 2 liters of sparkling wine or liqueur wines such as sherry or port.
2 liters of non-sparkling wine.
50 grammes of perfume and 0.25 liters of eau de toilette.
500 grammes coffee or 200 grammes coffee extracts or coffee essence.
100 grammes tea or 40 grammes tea extracts or tea essence.
If you are importing more than these maximum quantities, you will have to pay VAT on this and possibly also taxes and import duties.
You can import articles with a value less than Euro 175,00 from outside the European Union free of Import- and Value added taxes.
For further information you can contact the Customs Tax Line.
More Reviews (98)
- See All Quiet place in the transfer area
- See All NS Highspeed lounge
- See All Meditation Centre
- See All Schiphol Supermarket
- See All 2 minutes from the Terminal building
- See All Panorama Terrace
pieter_jan_v's Related Pages
Schiphol Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Schiphol Amsterdam Airport - AMS"
- "Mainport NL, flying in (and out) at Schiphol"
- "Planes and Trains"
- "Schiphol in 1995 and 2011..."
- "An airport with green pretentions"
- "Either for hours or days..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Schiphol
- Hotels in Schiphol
- Transportation in Schiphol
- Nightlife in Schiphol
- Restaurants in Schiphol
- Shopping in Schiphol
- Warnings and Dangers in Schiphol
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Schiphol
- 101 Reviews
- 251 Photos
- 81 Forum posts
- 56 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (111)
Have you been to Schiphol?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Schiphol
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Lao singer"
- Wrote a Review Quiet place in the transfer area in Schiphol Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Quiet place in the transfer area"
- updated a Schiphol Travel Page "Schiphol Amsterdam Airport - AMS"
- Commented on the Schiphol travel guide
- Commented on one of ATLC's Schiphol travel pages
- Uploaded a Video to Schiphol
Photos in SchipholSee All Photos (251)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 499 reviews, 1522 photos, 30 travelogues
- London Intro, 147 reviews, 740 photos, 10 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 140 reviews, 604 photos, 22 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 72 reviews, 642 photos, 10 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 92 reviews, 512 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 183 reviews, 417 photos, 7 travelogues
- Hengelo Intro, 157 reviews, 417 photos, 9 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 70 reviews, 472 photos, 7 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 78 reviews, 445 photos, 10 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 83 reviews, 335 photos, 18 travelogues