Schiphol Local Custom Tips by pieter_jan_v Top 5 Page for this destination
Schiphol Local Customs: 11 reviews and 12 photos
Immigration - Passport check at Schiphol
The Netherlands is part of the Schengen treaty countries. Visitors with a citizinship of the following countries must have such a viusum.
The approval for a visum can take up to two months, check the application procedure.
At Schiphol only refugees (Asylum seekers) will be going through a lengthly on the spot approval procedure, that can take up some days. This procedure is done by the Immigratie- en Naturalisatie Dienst (IND), a justice department. Travellers without the proper paperwork normally will be refused entry and will be send back to their original point of departure.
Schiphol - Water drinking point
Potable water (water from the tap) normally is drinkable throughout The netherlands.
At Schiphol Airport special water drinking points are installed.
Bottled water is sold in many shops in the transfer area.
IMPORT REGULATIONS FOR THE NETHERLANDS
When you are returning from a country outside the European Union, you will be subject to the Dutch import regulations. So make sure that you do not bring back too much, in particular liquor and tobacco articles. Every person of 17 and older is allowed to import into the Netherlands:
200 cigarettes or 250 grammes of tobacco (shag or pipe tobacco) or 100 cigarillos or 50 cigars.
1 liter of liquor or 2 liters of sparkling wine or liqueur wines such as sherry or port.
2 liters of non-sparkling wine.
50 grammes of perfume and 0.25 liters of eau de toilette.
500 grammes coffee or 200 grammes coffee extracts or coffee essence.
100 grammes tea or 40 grammes tea extracts or tea essence.
If you are importing more than these maximum quantities, you will have to pay VAT on this and possibly also taxes and import duties.
You can import articles with a value less than Euro 175,00 from outside the European Union free of Import- and Value added taxes.
For further information you can contact the Customs Tax Line.
More Reviews (99)
- See All Lost and Found
- See All Quiet place in the transfer area
- See All Meditation Centre
- See All Schiphol Supermarket
- See All 2 minutes from the Terminal building
- See All Panorama Terrace
pieter_jan_v's Related Pages
Schiphol Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Schiphol Amsterdam Airport - AMS"
- "Mainport NL, flying in (and out) at Schiphol"
- "Planes and Trains"
- "Schiphol in 1995 and 2011..."
- "An airport with green pretentions"
- "Either for hours or days..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Schiphol
- Hotels in Schiphol
- Transportation in Schiphol
- Nightlife in Schiphol
- Restaurants in Schiphol
- Shopping in Schiphol
- Warnings and Dangers in Schiphol
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Schiphol
- 102 Reviews
- 254 Photos
- 96 Forum posts
- 49 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (270)
Have you been to Schiphol?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Schiphol
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Euro Meet 2015"
- Commented on one of Robin922's Schiphol tips
- created a Schiphol Travelogue "Schiphol on record covers"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Schiphol on record covers"
- Wrote a Review Lost and Found in Schiphol Favorites
- Commented on the Schiphol travel guide
- Uploaded a Video to Schiphol
Photos in SchipholSee All Photos (254)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 538 reviews, 1644 photos, 34 travelogues
- London Intro, 308 reviews, 1237 photos, 17 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 140 reviews, 604 photos, 22 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 72 reviews, 642 photos, 10 travelogues
- Hengelo Intro, 186 reviews, 486 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 92 reviews, 512 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 184 reviews, 419 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 131 reviews, 465 photos, 8 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 70 reviews, 472 photos, 7 travelogues
- Haarlem Intro, 181 reviews, 360 photos, 7 travelogues