"Schiphol Amsterdam Airport - AMS" Top 5 Page for this destination Schiphol by pieter_jan_v
Schiphol Travel Guide: 187 reviews and 505 photos
If you fly to The Netherlands you will arrive here and land below the sea level.
Schiphol is one of the European Main Airports.
There is one terminal building with 7 Piers.
All arrival halls exit to the main Schiphol Plaza indoors area, where you find the train station, hotel booking service, car rentals etc.
Taxi, shuttle service and bus station are outside in front of the Plaza; the train platforms are in the basement.
Schiphol Airport Home Page
The "old" Schiphol now is called Schiphol Oost and is used for private VIP flights and cargo and maintenance activities.
The new terminal building was extended with the Schiphol Plaza hall, when the sub terrainian train tracks were constructed.
Have a look at the Main Traffic Control Tower.
Since 2003 there is a fifth runway with its own control tower.
In November 2005 Pier H opened, special for low budget carriers.
Expect no service (in contradiction to the other piers), so no toilets, no shops and walking in the open air to your plane.
Here's a map including the new runway #5 and the new A5 interconncting highway (in the middle North-South).
Schiphol tries to limit sound nuisance of the approaching and departing planes; more information at:
NOMOS Airplane noise measurements and Geluidsnet
Follow the planes around Schiphol Airport:
Casper Flight tracking map or Flightradar24 Flight tracking map.
- Pros:Everything under one roof
- Cons:The roof gets bigger
- In a nutshell:See, Buy, Fly
The Brasserie is an à la carte restaurant; part of the MHSHost group. It is located at a quiet corner of the food court... more travel advice
The baggage claim area is partly seperated from the public Schiphol Plaza area by a glass wall. To enable friends and... more travel advice
- See All Meditation Centre
- See All Schiphol Supermarket
- See All 2 minutes from the Terminal building
- See All Panorama Terrace
- See All Trolleys
- See All WATER
pieter_jan_v's Related Pages
Schiphol Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Schiphol Amsterdam Airport - AMS"
- "Mainport NL, flying in (and out) at Schiphol"
- "Planes and Trains"
- "Schiphol in 1995 and 2011..."
- "An airport with green pretentions"
- "Either for hours or days..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Schiphol
- Hotels in Schiphol
- Transportation in Schiphol
- Nightlife in Schiphol
- Restaurants in Schiphol
- Shopping in Schiphol
- Warnings and Dangers in Schiphol
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Schiphol
- 101 Reviews
- 251 Photos
- 81 Forum posts
- 56 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (111)
Have you been to Schiphol?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Schiphol
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Word Association Game."
- Wrote a Review Quiet place in the transfer area in Schiphol Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Quiet place in the transfer area"
- updated a Schiphol Travel Page "Schiphol Amsterdam Airport - AMS"
- Commented on the Schiphol travel guide
- Commented on one of ATLC's Schiphol travel pages
- Uploaded a Video to Schiphol
Photos in SchipholSee All Photos (251)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 499 reviews, 1522 photos, 30 travelogues
- London Intro, 147 reviews, 740 photos, 10 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 140 reviews, 604 photos, 22 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 72 reviews, 642 photos, 10 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 92 reviews, 512 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 183 reviews, 417 photos, 7 travelogues
- Hengelo Intro, 157 reviews, 417 photos, 9 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 70 reviews, 472 photos, 7 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 78 reviews, 445 photos, 10 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 83 reviews, 335 photos, 18 travelogues