"VOLENDAM" Volendam by pieter_jan_v
Volendam Travel Guide: 106 reviews and 456 photos
Volendam is a nice small village at De IJsselmeer (former Zuiderzee). Nowadays there are only a few fisherman left; most people work in the Amsterdam area or even further away. It is a major tourist spot because Amsterdam is closeby and the village still has it's own culture.
- Pros:Great setting
- Cons:Just a tourist attraction
- In a nutshell:Veerman, Jonk en Keizer village
Volendam workers travel outdide their village to go many smaller projects. To avoid the rush hours the vans leave early... more travel advice
There is a Volendam beach, but very, very small! I even was surprised to see a beach as most of Volendam is surrounded... more travel advice
pieter_jan_v's Related Pages
Volendam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "a stop-over at a cheese-farm"
- "BEAUTIFUL VOLENDAM"
- "A TOWN BESIDE THE SEASIDE"
- "Volendam, The Netherlands"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Volendam
- Hotels in Volendam
- Transportation in Volendam
- Restaurants in Volendam
- Shopping in Volendam
- Warnings and Dangers in Volendam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Volendam
- 8 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (292)
Have you been to Volendam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Volendam
Photos in VolendamSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 655 reviews, 1956 photos, 38 travelogues
- London Intro, 308 reviews, 1238 photos, 17 travelogues
- Aachen Intro, 198 reviews, 633 photos, 23 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 140 reviews, 622 photos, 23 travelogues
- Hengelo Intro, 201 reviews, 549 photos, 9 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 72 reviews, 642 photos, 10 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 92 reviews, 512 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 184 reviews, 419 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 131 reviews, 470 photos, 9 travelogues
- Haarlem Intro, 182 reviews, 365 photos, 8 travelogues