"More Amsterdam" Vondelpark by pieter_jan_v
Vondelpark Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 39 photos
I started this space, because I ran out of space at my Amsterdam page and I used the Vondelpark location to create more travelogues. After VT made it possible to create more than 8 T-logues at a Travel Guide I moved all these T-logues to my AMsterdam Travel Guide.
Of course I'll introduce this lovely park to you as well.
The Vondelpark was born from a private initiative led by C.P. van Eeghen, president of the National Bank. At that time the area was a moor, partly scheduled to be used for the construction of a railway station
The architect J.D. Zocher designed the first park called Nieuw Park (New Park).
In 1865 the first part of the park was opened to the public.
In 1867 a statue of Vondel was placed and soon the name changed into Vondelpark.
In 1875 the architect's son Louis Paul Zocher took over and in 1877 the park was completed.
Since 1953 the park is owned by the City of Amsterdam.
- Pros:Green spot in Amsterdam
- In a nutshell:An oasis of rest in busy Amsterdam
. Permitted -Picknicking (please use the trash bins for your trash) -BBQ-ing (please beware of hot ashes; cool them down... more travel advice
The Vondelpark still is a place where homeless people try to spend the night. From time to time there's a cleanup... more travel advice
pieter_jan_v's Related Pages
Vondelpark Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Vondelpark
- Hotels in Vondelpark
- Restaurants in Vondelpark
- Warnings and Dangers in Vondelpark
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vondelpark
- 16 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 30 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (268)
Have you been to Vondelpark?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vondelpark
Photos in VondelparkSee All Photos (36)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 536 reviews, 1639 photos, 33 travelogues
- London Intro, 308 reviews, 1237 photos, 17 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 140 reviews, 604 photos, 22 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 72 reviews, 642 photos, 10 travelogues
- Hengelo Intro, 178 reviews, 471 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 92 reviews, 512 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 184 reviews, 419 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 131 reviews, 465 photos, 8 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 70 reviews, 472 photos, 7 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 78 reviews, 445 photos, 10 travelogues