"Along the river Rhine" Sankt Goarshausen by pieter_jan_v
Sankt Goarshausen Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 47 photos
This town is located at the East side of the River Rhine opposite Sankt Goar, connected by a ferry service. In the hills the Castle Katz from 1806 is located.
The Lorelei is a rocky hill of 120 meters on the East bank of the Rhine. Here the river is a its smallest, causing a strong current and difficult navigation.
Lorelei is also the name of one of the beautiful Rhine Maidens who lured navigators of this river to their dooms with their alluring singing.
- Pros:Wonderful lookoffs
- Cons:To get at the top
- In a nutshell:The Loreley
A great place to stop and enjoy the view from the outdoor terras. Food is high quality German without any... more travel advice
For ages Lorelei was hidden to the Rhine river navigators. That has changed since a new bronze statue was place at the... more travel advice
pieter_jan_v's Related Pages
Sankt Goarshausen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A beautiful town on the banks of the Rhine"
- "Along the river Rhine"
- "A drive though the beautiful Rhine Valley"
- "Sankt Goarshausen and Loreley"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sankt Goarshausen
- Hotels in Sankt Goarshausen
- Transportation in Sankt Goarshausen
- Restaurants in Sankt Goarshausen
- Warnings and Dangers in Sankt Goarshausen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sankt Goarshausen
- 6 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Sankt Goarshausen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sankt Goarshausen
Photos in Sankt GoarshausenSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 418 reviews, 1255 photos, 26 travelogues
- London Intro, 147 reviews, 740 photos, 10 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 140 reviews, 604 photos, 22 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 72 reviews, 642 photos, 10 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 92 reviews, 511 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 183 reviews, 416 photos, 7 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 70 reviews, 472 photos, 7 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 78 reviews, 445 photos, 10 travelogues
- Hengelo Intro, 138 reviews, 337 photos, 9 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 83 reviews, 335 photos, 18 travelogues