Cascais Transportation Tips by pieter_jan_v
Cascais Transportation: 51 reviews and 100 photos
The Cascais Train is a modern electrical one.
The ride from Lisbon is along the outer track with the best view over the river.
Tickets (including the chargable ones) will be checked by the onboard inspector.
Displays above the inner doors displays the upcoming stops.
Segway - Cascais
At Cascais you can hire a SEGWAY to explore the town in a different way.
At the Alameda dos Combatentes da Grande Guerra street close to the seaside there's a rental booth.
Other Contact: 91-644-0102
Street parking meter - Cascais
Be aware that Cascais has paid parking in the city centrum.
The Marina underground Parking offers easy parking.
Type: Car/Motor Home
Cascais Bus Station
The Cascais Bus Station is just North of the train station underneath the Centro Comercial Cascais Villa.
The following bus lines are available:
-402 - Cascais
-403 - Cascais - Cabo da Roca - Sintra
-404 - Cascais
-405 - Cascais
-406 - Estoril
-407 - Estoril
-408 - Cascais
-409 - Cascais
-411 - Estoril
-412 - Estoril
-413 - Estoril - S. João do Estoril
-414 - Cascais
-415 - Cascais
-416 - Cascais
-417 - Cascais - Sintra
-418 - Estoril
-419 - Estoril - S. João do Estoril
-423 - Estoril - S. João do Estoril
-455 - Cascais
-456 - Estoril
-461 - Carcavelos
-462 - Carcavelos
-463 - Carcavelos
-464 - Carcavelos
-467 - Oeiras
-468 - Oeiras
-470 - Oeiras
-472 - Parede - Carcavelos
-475 - Parede - Carcavelos
-477 - S. Pedro do Estoril
-479 - S. Pedro do Estoril - Parede - Oeiras
-485 - Oeiras
-489 - Parede - Oeiras
-494 - Parede
Cascais Train Station; interior
The Cascais Train Station is at the end of the line from Lisbon's Cais Do Sodré station along the coast. On average there's a direct train leaving every half hour from 5.30AM till 1AM.
The building is located in the center of Cascais; most destinations are within a 15 minutes walk. In front of the station you can hop on the BUSCAS bus.
The station has both ticket machines as a ticket counter.
Marina De Cascais
The Marina De Cascais is a modern port with central shops, reatuarants and boat facilities.
Nextdoor there is a big undergrpund parking next to the fortress.
Downtown Cascais is just a 10 minutes walk.
BUSCAS is a local circle line bus explott by the Scotturb company.
The bus starts from the Cascais train station and circles Cascais in a 15 till 20 minutes ride.
The busses depart about every 10 minutes and drive during daytime.
A single ride is Euro 0.60 (adult).
BICAS location at the Fortress entrance
The City Counsil of Cascais promotes cycling by offering free BICAS bicycles between 8AM and 7PM.
You have to bring your passport and the location of the accommodation where you stay.
There's a great coastal cycle path leading all the way to Guincho Beach.
The BICAS location is in front of the fortress at the Marina; close to where the cycle path starts.
More Reviews (64)
- See All Churches
- See All Nossa Senhora dos Navegantes
- See All Fresh fruits and vegetables
- See All Dropping Pants
- Photo "safari"
pieter_jan_v's Related Pages
Cascais Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CASCAIS - THE COAST OF KINGS"
- "VTers Cascade into Cascais"
- "Delightful Fishing Village On The Atlantic Coast"
- "Venue for Euromeet 2009"
- "Cascais, (Euromeet 2009)"
- "Spectacular Cascais"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cascais
- Hotels in Cascais
- Transportation in Cascais
- Nightlife in Cascais
- Restaurants in Cascais
- Shopping in Cascais
- Warnings and Dangers in Cascais
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Cascais
- 72 Reviews
- 402 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (99)
Have you been to Cascais?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cascais
Photos in CascaisSee All Photos (402)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 419 reviews, 1263 photos, 26 travelogues
- London Intro, 147 reviews, 740 photos, 10 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 140 reviews, 604 photos, 22 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 72 reviews, 642 photos, 10 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 92 reviews, 511 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 183 reviews, 416 photos, 7 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 70 reviews, 472 photos, 7 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 78 reviews, 445 photos, 10 travelogues
- Hengelo Intro, 143 reviews, 367 photos, 9 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 83 reviews, 335 photos, 18 travelogues
Latest Cascais hotel reviews
- Hotel Cidadela
- 62 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 3, 2013
- Vila Gale Village Cascais
- 226 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 17, 2013
- Senhora da Guia
- 61 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 12, 2013
- Grande Real Villa Italia Hotel & Spa
- 273 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 14, 2013
- Pestana Cascais
- 141 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 18, 2013
- Hotel da Vila Cascais
- 26 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 20, 2012
- Cascais Beach Hostel
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 7, 2011
- Albatroz Villa
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 1, 2013
- Hotel Quinta da Marinha Resort
- 198 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 30, 2013
- Casa da Pergola
- 70 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 11, 2013
- Farol Design Hotel
- 128 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 10, 2013
- Casal Antigo
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 18, 2008
- Hotel Cascais Miragem
- 266 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 16, 2013
- Hotel Baia
- 187 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 18, 2013
- Boca do Inferno- 11 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Palace Condes de Castro Guimaraes- 3 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Parque Marechal Carmona- 4 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Cidadela- 4 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Conde Gastro Guimaraes Museum- 5 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Fishing Harbour- 3 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Town Hall- 5 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Casa de Santa Maria- 2 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Parque Municipal da Gandarinha- 2 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Walking- 2 Reviews, 9 Photos
See All Cascais Things to Do