"Overijssel / Twente" Provincie Overijssel by pieter_jan_v
Provincie Overijssel Travel Guide: 1,191 reviews and 3,760 photos
I started this page to show you the amazing pictures of the Twente Airshow 2003; see the 5 travelogues.
The 2003 Open Days of the Dutch Airforce were a special occasion. This year marks 100 years of Dutch civel aviation, 90 years of Dutch Airforce and 50 years of Royal Dutch Airforce.
These days were held at the Twenthe Airport between Enschede, Oldenzaal and Hengelo. This field is the homebase of the 313 and 315 F-16 squadrons. Furthermore is the homebase for the civil Flyingclub Twenthe, The Twente Gliderclub and the Twente Model Airplane Club.
As at every open day there were infostands by the Dutch Army, Navy, Military Police and numurous Airforce units. Of course many civil airforce souvenirs stands were present too. In some big tents the Airforce promoted itself and tried to recrute new personnel and the Defence Industry showed some of there products.
At the static show various aircraft were on display, from the Uiver via special painted fighter jets to a row of Ultra light Aircraft.
More action could be found at equipment in operation, like radars, guns and more.
The Dutch Airforce showed of with their Air Power Demo and demonstration flights of:
- Apache helicopter
- Hercules transport airplane
- Orion of the Dutch Navy
- F16 demo jetfighter
- KDC-10 tanker airplane
- Several helicopters
Moreover ther were flightdemo's by civil airplanes (old & new) and by Harrier & Dragon airplanes.
The absolute highpoint were the flight demo's by 7 of Europe's best flying teams:
- Team Orlik
- Royal Jordanian Falcons
- Patrouille de Suisse
- Patrouille de France
- Frecce Tricolori
- Patrulla Aguila
- Red Arrows
No wonder 300.000 people came to visit.
An american McDonnell Douglas F15-E Eagle (LN0204) from RAF Lakenheath.
A German HFW-1D Huey helicopter (27+19), made by the Bell company.
Follow my Airshow Trail.
- Pros:Great outdoors
- Cons:150 km East of Amsterdam
- In a nutshell:Including Salland and Twente
Klootschieten is a sport from the Twente region of Overijssel. It's a fairy easy game where 2 groups throw their wooden... more travel advice
In 2007 the province of Overijssel started to combine local cycle routes into one network. In most cities and villages... more travel advice
pieter_jan_v's Related Pages
Provincie Overijssel Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Countryside: Peaceful and beautiful nature."
- "Province of Overijssel"
- "Overijssel / Twente"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Provincie Overijssel
- Hotels in Provincie Overijssel
- Transportation in Provincie Overijssel
- Nightlife in Provincie Overijssel
- Restaurants in Provincie Overijssel
- Shopping in Provincie Overijssel
- Warnings and Dangers in Provincie Overijssel
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Provincie Overijssel
- 761 Reviews
- 1,865 Photos
- 64 Forum posts
- 58 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (113)
Have you been to Provincie Overijssel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Provincie Overijssel
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 535 reviews, 1623 photos, 31 travelogues
- London Intro, 308 reviews, 1237 photos, 17 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 140 reviews, 604 photos, 22 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 72 reviews, 642 photos, 10 travelogues
- Hengelo Intro, 172 reviews, 455 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 92 reviews, 512 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 184 reviews, 419 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 131 reviews, 462 photos, 8 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 70 reviews, 472 photos, 7 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 78 reviews, 445 photos, 10 travelogues