Greenwich Transportation Tips by pieter_jan_v
Greenwich Transportation: 38 reviews and 70 photos
Cutty Sark for Maritime Greenwich station
The Cutty Sark for Maritime Greenwich station is at the heart of Greenwich.
The station is served by the Docklands Light Rail (DLR).
The station opened in 1999 and is one of 3 complete underground railway stations on the line.
The Bank tube station is the final destination of the DLR from Greenwich.
Real time PubliC Transportation info on the Greenwich map.
Greenwich foot tunnel
You can walk to Greenwich from the other side of the river using the Greenwich foot tunnel.
The tunnel opened in 1902, replacing a ferry connection from the Docklands.
At the start only stairs were available, but not much later lifts were added to reach the tunnel 15 meters lower.
The tunnel is part of the UK's National Cycle Route 1, that runs from Inverness to Dover.
O2 Dome Bus station - North Greenwich
Next to the O2 Dome at North Greenwich is the Bus station located.
The North Greenwich bus station is served by these buses:
-108 Stratford Bus Station and Lewisham Bus Station
-129 Greenwich Town Centre / Cutty Sark
-132 Geddes Place
-161 Chislehurst War Memorial
-188 Russell Square Station
-422 Bexleyheath Bus Garage
-472 Thamesmead Town Centre
-486 Friswell Place
North Greenwich Pier at The O2 Dome
The Thames Clippers company offers a transportation to Central London by boat from the North Greenwich Pier at The O2 Dome. From The London Bridge Pier the journey is 30 minutes; from the Waterloo Pier the journey takes 29 minutes.
Ticket price: A single journey on The O2 express is £6.
North Greenwich underground station
The Jubilee tube line offers a quick journey from central London to North Greenwich.
The North Greenwich station is a very modern one with sliding door on the platforms for maximum security. It was opened in May 1999.
More Reviews (22)
pieter_jan_v's Related Pages
Greenwich Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Historic Greenwich"
- "Maritime Greenwich"
- "GREENWICH, ENGLAND"
- "Greenwich - the Prime Meridian of the World"
- "Green Greenwich, top of the hill, top of the bill"
- "Greenwich, standing in two time zones"
- "Britain’s maritime legacy"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Greenwich
- Hotels in Greenwich
- Transportation in Greenwich
- Nightlife in Greenwich
- Restaurants in Greenwich
- Shopping in Greenwich
- Warnings and Dangers in Greenwich
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Greenwich
- 27 Reviews
- 81 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (266)
Have you been to Greenwich?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Greenwich
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Where would you like to get..."
- Commented on one of pieter_jan_v's Greenwich tips
- Wrote a Review Cutty Sark for Maritime Greenwich station in Greenwich Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cutty Sark for Maritime Greenwich station"
- updated a Greenwich Travel Page "Greenwich"
Photos in GreenwichSee All Photos (81)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 535 reviews, 1623 photos, 31 travelogues
- London Intro, 308 reviews, 1237 photos, 17 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 140 reviews, 604 photos, 22 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 72 reviews, 642 photos, 10 travelogues
- Hengelo Intro, 172 reviews, 455 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 92 reviews, 512 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 184 reviews, 419 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 131 reviews, 463 photos, 8 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 70 reviews, 472 photos, 7 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 78 reviews, 445 photos, 10 travelogues
- Old Royal Naval College and Hospital- 29 Reviews, 74 Photos
- Cutty Sark- 25 Reviews, 50 Photos
- Royal Observatory- 24 Reviews, 62 Photos
- National Maritime Museum- 19 Reviews, 41 Photos
- Greenwich Royal Park- 19 Reviews, 39 Photos
- Queen's House- 12 Reviews, 34 Photos
- Greenwich Foot Tunnel- 9 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Greenwich Market- 5 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Prime Meridian- 8 Reviews, 15 Photos
- St. Alfege Church- 4 Reviews, 13 Photos
See All Greenwich Things to Do