"Wilhemshaven" Top 5 Page for this destination Wilhelmshaven by pieter_jan_v
Wilhelmshaven Travel Guide: 87 reviews and 221 photos
Wilhelmshaven was founded in 1869 as the King Wilhelm I wanted a Navy base. Wilhelm later became Emperor.
The port was a Navy port until the end of the Second World War.
In that war Wilhelmshaven was the first city to be bombed by the Americans.
Nowadays Wilhelmshaven is Germany's second civil port with a major fuel depot and a container terminal (JadeWeserPort).
In 2015 I flew over Wilhelmshaven and was able to take some pictures from the air.
Three months later I re-visited the town.
- Pros:The last big town up North in Ost-Friesland
- Cons:Jade mud
- In a nutshell:Germany's Navy Homebase
Taxis in Wiljelmshaven are modern and up to high standards. There are multiple taxi companies, like: Bernd Bergmann,... more travel advice
Weingut Koch is a small shop with special whines. The whines comes from a private Kaiserstuhl vineyard at... more travel advice
- See All In the heart of town.
- See All The war and buildings
- See All Gedenkstein 'Frieden Freiheit...
- See All Crossing the street
pieter_jan_v's Related Pages
Wilhelmshaven Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Colorful Grey"
- "My Hometown"
- "Wilhelmshaven: Germany's North Sea Coast"
- "The North-Sea Area!"
- "Beautiful ships at Wilhemshaven harbour"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wilhelmshaven
- Hotels in Wilhelmshaven
- Transportation in Wilhelmshaven
- Nightlife in Wilhelmshaven
- Restaurants in Wilhelmshaven
- Shopping in Wilhelmshaven
- Warnings and Dangers in Wilhelmshaven
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wilhelmshaven
- 62 Reviews
- 158 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (289)
Have you been to Wilhelmshaven?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wilhelmshaven
Photos in WilhelmshavenSee All Photos (158)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 655 reviews, 1955 photos, 37 travelogues
- London Intro, 308 reviews, 1238 photos, 17 travelogues
- Aachen Intro, 198 reviews, 633 photos, 23 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 140 reviews, 622 photos, 23 travelogues
- Hengelo Intro, 200 reviews, 543 photos, 9 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 72 reviews, 642 photos, 10 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 92 reviews, 512 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 184 reviews, 419 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 131 reviews, 469 photos, 9 travelogues
- Haarlem Intro, 182 reviews, 365 photos, 8 travelogues