"Filadelfia" Filadelfia by pieter_jan_v
Filadelfia Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 8 photos
Filadelfia is in the heart of the Mennonite colonie in the Paraquayan Chaco. This village is very well self-supporting and has there own communication and transportation link to Asuncion.
There is a big supermarket (cooperativa) here, a small bookshop/library, a hotel and a small airport. The local restaurant is run by Paraquayos and is the only location you can get some alcoholic drinks.
This is a community that lives according its own religious rules. Church services are still in old-Dutch. The strange mixuture of German and Spanish can be found in the streetnames like Avenida Hindenburg.
The downside of this close community is the local nuthouse.
- Pros:A quiet spot to relax; far apart from the modern world
- Cons:Dust or mud
- In a nutshell:Interesting Mennonite settlement
pieter_jan_v's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Filadelfia
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (110)
Have you been to Filadelfia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Filadelfia
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 512 reviews, 1558 photos, 30 travelogues
- London Intro, 147 reviews, 740 photos, 10 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 140 reviews, 604 photos, 22 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 72 reviews, 642 photos, 10 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 92 reviews, 512 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 183 reviews, 417 photos, 7 travelogues
- Hengelo Intro, 159 reviews, 423 photos, 9 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 70 reviews, 472 photos, 7 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 78 reviews, 445 photos, 10 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 83 reviews, 335 photos, 18 travelogues