Paris Off The Beaten Path Tips by pieter_jan_v
Paris Off The Beaten Path: 1,984 reviews and 4,129 photos
Jim Morrison grave
One of the most known graves at the Père Lachaise cemetery is that of Doors-member Jim Morrison.
Jim went to Paris in 1970 with Pamela Courson. He was upset by the lack of seriousness with which he was taken as a poet. He did not get the wanted inspiration and became severely depressed. On July 3, 1971 Jim was found dead in the bathtub of their Parisian apartment.
His grave became an attraction for his fans and 25 years later at his dying day the police had to use teargas to spread the crowd.
Fête de la Lune
Each year the "Fête de la Lune" is celebrated, especial by the Chinese community of Paris.
The day changes every year as the festival is held at the eights full moon of the year, traditional a harvest festival.
Expect shows with dancers in traditional Chines costumes and much more.
Statue of Liberty at Jardin du Luxumbourg
Paris houses a number of Statues of Liberty.
Visit my Statues of Liberty Travelogue for all information.
More Reviews (137)
- See All Beggars and homeless people
- See All Second Hand Records
- See All At Place du Trocadéro
- See All Statues at Place du Trocadéro
- See All Musée National de la Marine
pieter_jan_v's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "Three plus one of the best museums in the world."
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- "Beatchick's Paris Adventure!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 140 Reviews
- 604 Photos
- 117 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (117)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: 2014 Christmas Dinner"
- Commented on one of Maryimelda's Paris tips
- updated a Paris Travelogue "VT-meeting: September 11. Coffee and croissants, 8"
- Wrote a Review Beggars and homeless people about Beggars & Aggressive Vendors in Paris Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "Beggars and homeless people"
Photos in ParisSee All Photos (604)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 531 reviews, 1621 photos, 31 travelogues
- London Intro, 308 reviews, 1237 photos, 17 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 140 reviews, 604 photos, 22 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 72 reviews, 642 photos, 10 travelogues
- Hengelo Intro, 169 reviews, 444 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 92 reviews, 512 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 184 reviews, 419 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 131 reviews, 461 photos, 8 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 70 reviews, 472 photos, 7 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 78 reviews, 445 photos, 10 travelogues
- Eiffel Tower- 820 Reviews, 1,429 Photos
- Montmartre - Sacré Coeur- 593 Reviews, 1,071 Photos
- Notre Dame de Paris- 652 Reviews, 1,332 Photos
- Louvre- 789 Reviews, 1,568 Photos
- Arc de Triomphe- 439 Reviews, 768 Photos
- Musée d'Orsay- 273 Reviews, 551 Photos
- Latin Quarter- 96 Reviews, 256 Photos
- Place de la Concorde- 166 Reviews, 315 Photos
- Catacombes- 54 Reviews, 100 Photos
- Dômes - Hôtel des Invalides- 238 Reviews, 556 Photos
See All Paris Things to Do