"Paris Airport Charles de Gaulle - CDG" Roissy-en-France by pieter_jan_v
Roissy-en-France Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 31 photos
The Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport is also known as Roissy Airport after the village of Roissy_en_France, just West of the airport.
In 1966 the first construction started of what was called Aéroport de Paris Nord. On 8 March 1974 the airport, renamed Charles de Gaulle Airport, began service.
The Airport has three terminals. The circular Terminal 1 is the oldest and now in use for long flights.
Terminal 2 was originally built exclusively for Air France. Termainal expanded with several sections and nowadays is host to many European flights. Terminal 2 also has an RER and TGV station.
Terminal 3 hosts charter and low-cost airlines.
The CDGVAL is a light-rail shuttle that links the terminals, railway station and parking lots (with only 1 stop at terminal 2, that means long walks).
- Cons:25 km from Paris
- In a nutshell:The French principal hub
Pattisserie PAUL is a chain of pattisseries/sandwich shops, also present at the CDG airport. In my opinion the number... more travel advice
pieter_jan_v's Related Pages
Roissy-en-France Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Paris Airport Charles de Gaulle - CDG"
- "Mt South of France"
- "Roissy, FR"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Roissy-en-France
- 10 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (111)
Have you been to Roissy-en-France?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Roissy-en-France
Photos in Roissy-en-FranceSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 499 reviews, 1522 photos, 30 travelogues
- London Intro, 147 reviews, 740 photos, 10 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 140 reviews, 604 photos, 22 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 72 reviews, 642 photos, 10 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 92 reviews, 512 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 183 reviews, 417 photos, 7 travelogues
- Hengelo Intro, 158 reviews, 419 photos, 9 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 70 reviews, 472 photos, 7 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 78 reviews, 445 photos, 10 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 83 reviews, 335 photos, 18 travelogues