"Termas de Chillán: ski resort and wild mountain" Nevados de Chillán by Glospi
Nevados de Chillán Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 11 photos
The Termas (hot springs) de Chillán are located 85 kilometres east of Chillán town , which is 400 kilometres south of Santiago.
The Termas are a world-class top ski resort, home to many Olympic sky teams from America and Europe, and attracting every winter season, a crowd of ski and snowboard enthusiasts, many of them coming -quite curiously for some- from sunny Brazil.
But not only winter sports are an attraction here: mountaineering is nice and done all year round, and some of us mix it with randonee skiing to make downhill tracks a harrowing experience.
There are a couple of basic shelters in the area, plus another dilapidated one in the area called Shangri-la, at the lower end of the lava fields.
Nikon FM2N, Zoom-Nikkor 80-200 f.2,8 (at f.5,6), 1/250 sec., POL filter, Kodak Ektachrome Elite 100 Professional slide film
- Pros:Beautiful mountain scenery, easy access wilderness
- Cons:No budget accomodation
- In a nutshell:Bring a tent and enjoy
For mountaineers, Garganta del Diablo (Devil's Gorge) shelter is a jewel: built in the early 40's, is a 3-storey stone... more travel advice
If you can pay for the privilege you can hire a helicopter flight, to get to either Termas or Garganta del Diablo... more travel advice
Glospi's Related Pages
Nevados de Chillán Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Termas de Chillán: ski resort and wild mountain"
- "Skiing at Termas de Chillan"
- "Dance with the mountain..."
- See All...
- Hotels in Nevados de Chillán
- Transportation in Nevados de Chillán
- Warnings and Dangers in Nevados de Chillán
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nevados de Chillán
- 8 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Nevados de Chillán?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nevados de Chillán
- Posted in Travel Santiago Forum "RE: RE: Santiago-mendoza-chile by..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "The days and the times of Garganta del Diablo"
- updated a Nevados de Chillán Travelogue "The days and the times of Garganta del Diablo"
- Wrote a Review Short of time and plenty of money? Fly, then... in Nevados de Chillán Transportation
Photos in Nevados de ChillánSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Pedro de Atacama Intro, 39 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Molina Intro, 23 reviews, 37 photos
- Santiago Intro, 25 reviews, 23 photos
- Chile Intro, 6 reviews, 34 photos, 5 travelogues
- Concepción Intro, 16 reviews, 12 photos
- Villa Paulina Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- San José de Maipo Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- San Clemente Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos
- Morocco Intro, 1 review, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nevados de Chillán Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue