"Reserva Nacional El Morado" San José de Maipo by Glospi
San José de Maipo Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 64 photos
El Morado National Monument lies 107 kilometres east from Santiago, past the town of San Jose de Maipo at the end of Cajon del Maipo, next to San Jose volcano and several peaks ranging from 3900-metre (12,792 ft.) to other above 6000 metres (19,700 ft.). The whole area is called ‘the Chilean mountaineer’s Mecca’, and El Morado park is its main meeting point, as it grants access to peaks, glaciers and rock climbing routes, as well as excellent trekking trails and even simple picnic spots next to the lagoon, in which some people dips in, despite the icebergs that can be found in it even in high summer.
After a whole day (or a weekend, or a week, or a month...) of climbing peaks and braving the ice in the many peaks of... more travel advice
The most appealing feature of El Morado is its glacier, San Francisco, whose lower moraine are just 1000 metres north of... more travel advice
Glospi's Related Pages
San José de Maipo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Reserva Nacional El Morado"
- "The entrance to Cajon del Maipo"
- "river rafting in san jose de maipo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San José de Maipo
- Hotels in San José de Maipo
- Transportation in San José de Maipo
- Restaurants in San José de Maipo
- Warnings and Dangers in San José de Maipo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San José de Maipo
- 10 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to San José de Maipo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San José de Maipo
Photos in San José de MaipoSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Pedro de Atacama Intro, 39 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Molina Intro, 23 reviews, 37 photos
- Santiago Intro, 25 reviews, 23 photos
- Chile Intro, 6 reviews, 34 photos, 5 travelogues
- Concepción Intro, 16 reviews, 12 photos
- Villa Paulina Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- San José de Maipo Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- San Clemente Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos
- Morocco Intro, 1 review, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nevados de Chillán Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue