"Montreal-My Favorite Road Trip Destination" Montreal by fdrich29
Montreal Travel Guide: 3,666 reviews and 6,834 photos
Having been a hockey fan for the better part of my life, I was very excited to make my first trip to Montreal March 18th, 1994, when I saw the Montreal Canadiens play and defeat the Quebec Nordiques (now the Colorado Avalanche) at the old Montreal Forum. I returned to Montreal later that year, to celebrate New Years Eve with friends. Back again in September of 1996 for the Canada Cup game, which we never ended up seeing. August '01, '03 and '08 to see Radiohead at Parc Jean Drapeau, anniversaries in May of '04 and August '07 and my bachelor party in June of '06. I know there were other trips, but those are the ones I could remember.
For many of my early trips to Montreal I saw little more than a myriad of strip clubs, Peel's Pub to eat, and a few blocks on St. Catherine east of St. Urbain known as the red light district. I had little interest in seeing any other parts of the city, and quite enjoyed my hedonistic jaunts to the great white north.
What started as a cool destination for a guy's weekend away has turned into true affection. I've grown to love Parc Jean-Drapeau, where I look forward to seeing Radiohead each tour. You can't beat breakfast at Beauty's, dinner at Il Piatto della Nonna or freshly made craft beer at Dieu de Ciel. Tim Horton's coffee is a great change of pace from Dunkin' Donuts, and yes, there is still a warm place in my heart for St. Catherine.
- Pros:Wonderful European feel to this cosmopolitan city
- Cons:People can seem a bit rude
- In a nutshell:A truly wonderful city
My best man, Joe, first brought me here when we were in Montreal for my bachelor party in June of 2006. My hotel being... more travel advice
Super Marche' Rahman was recommended to me by a friend on Beeradvocate.com when he heard I was going to be up there for... more travel advice
fdrich29's Related Pages
Montreal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bienvenue a Montreal! (Welcome!!!)"
- "A Wonderful Winter Weekend!"
- "Fall in love with Montréal..."
- "MONTRÉAL - our entry to Canada"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Montreal
- Hotels in Montreal
- Transportation in Montreal
- Nightlife in Montreal
- Restaurants in Montreal
- Shopping in Montreal
- Warnings and Dangers in Montreal
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Montreal
- 12 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Montreal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Montreal
Photos in MontrealSee All Photos (45)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 46 reviews, 203 photos, 6 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 25 reviews, 107 photos
- Rome Intro, 13 reviews, 50 photos
- Montreal Intro, 12 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 8 reviews, 30 photos
- Washington D.C. 6 reviews, 20 photos
- Lexington Intro, 4 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waltham Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos
- Cleveland 4 reviews, 15 photos
- Sebastian Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos