"Montreal-My Favorite Road Trip Destination" Montreal by fdrich29

Montreal Travel Guide: 3,666 reviews and 6,834 photos

Frequent Visits

Having been a hockey fan for the better part of my life, I was very excited to make my first trip to Montreal March 18th, 1994, when I saw the Montreal Canadiens play and defeat the Quebec Nordiques (now the Colorado Avalanche) at the old Montreal Forum. I returned to Montreal later that year, to celebrate New Years Eve with friends. Back again in September of 1996 for the Canada Cup game, which we never ended up seeing. August '01, '03 and '08 to see Radiohead at Parc Jean Drapeau, anniversaries in May of '04 and August '07 and my bachelor party in June of '06. I know there were other trips, but those are the ones I could remember.

The Early Years

For many of my early trips to Montreal I saw little more than a myriad of strip clubs, Peel's Pub to eat, and a few blocks on St. Catherine east of St. Urbain known as the red light district. I had little interest in seeing any other parts of the city, and quite enjoyed my hedonistic jaunts to the great white north.

My Love for Montreal

What started as a cool destination for a guy's weekend away has turned into true affection. I've grown to love Parc Jean-Drapeau, where I look forward to seeing Radiohead each tour. You can't beat breakfast at Beauty's, dinner at Il Piatto della Nonna or freshly made craft beer at Dieu de Ciel. Tim Horton's coffee is a great change of pace from Dunkin' Donuts, and yes, there is still a warm place in my heart for St. Catherine.

• Pros:Wonderful European feel to this cosmopolitan city
  • Cons:People can seem a bit rude
  • In a nutshell:A truly wonderful city
  • Last visit to Montreal: Aug 2008
  • Intro Updated Aug 16, 2008

Comments

fdrich29 Visits Here Frequently!

fdrich29

“I`ve got the world on a string...”

Badges & Stats in Montreal

Have you been to Montreal?

Latest Activity in Montreal