"Waltham, Ma.- My Adopted City" Top 5 Page for this destination Waltham by fdrich29

Waltham Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 72 photos

Settling Down

After moving from my hometown of Gloucester, Mass, I did a LOT of moving around. In 1996 I found myself in a brand new field, working full time in Waltham. I worked there for four years before moving on, closer to where I was living at the time. A few years later I found myself working in Waltham yet again and soon thereafter had an opportunity to live in Waltham with some people from work. Well, that was five years ago and I'm still here, happy in my adopted town.

Why Waltham?

It took me a few years to really settle down here and utilize everything the city had to offer. Waltham has several Italian restaurants, bakerys and stores,which makes me feel at home. Waltham's "Restaurant Row", Moody Street offers a different flavor for every night of the week (if not month!). Waltham is surrounded by many historic and interesting towns, including Watertown, Belmont, Lexington, Newton and Weston and is just about 10 miles from Boston. Many major routes run through Waltham, including 90, the Massachusetts Turnpike ("The Pike"), Route 95/128 (which brings me back to my hometown of Gloucester in about 45 minutes), and Route 16 that runs through Arlington and to Massachusetts Avenue. Few towns in Massachusetts are as strategically located.

New home and baby

It's amazes me how much has changed in this past year, since I began this page. After several years of searching, my wife and I bought our first home in the Cedarwood neighborhood of Waltham and welcomed our first child, Stefania Marie, into the world. I look forward to raising her, and watching her grow, in this wonderful city.

• Last visit to Waltham: Sep 2008
  • Intro Updated Sep 6, 2008

• aussiejen's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2009 at 1:59 AM

My son is right in to beers as well, he would love those restaurants!

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Beautiful pics. Waltham looks peaceful. Thanks for sharing.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2009 at 5:35 AM

Looks as if you are settling into Waltham pretty well. Hope you continue to add info. about the new homestead... and updates on baby girl's progress!?

fdrich29 Lives Here!

fdrich29

“I`ve got the world on a string...”

Badges & Stats in Waltham

Have you been to Waltham?

Latest Activity in Waltham