"Waltham, Ma.- My Adopted City" Top 5 Page for this destination Waltham by fdrich29
Waltham Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 72 photos
After moving from my hometown of Gloucester, Mass, I did a LOT of moving around. In 1996 I found myself in a brand new field, working full time in Waltham. I worked there for four years before moving on, closer to where I was living at the time. A few years later I found myself working in Waltham yet again and soon thereafter had an opportunity to live in Waltham with some people from work. Well, that was five years ago and I'm still here, happy in my adopted town.
It took me a few years to really settle down here and utilize everything the city had to offer. Waltham has several Italian restaurants, bakerys and stores,which makes me feel at home. Waltham's "Restaurant Row", Moody Street offers a different flavor for every night of the week (if not month!). Waltham is surrounded by many historic and interesting towns, including Watertown, Belmont, Lexington, Newton and Weston and is just about 10 miles from Boston. Many major routes run through Waltham, including 90, the Massachusetts Turnpike ("The Pike"), Route 95/128 (which brings me back to my hometown of Gloucester in about 45 minutes), and Route 16 that runs through Arlington and to Massachusetts Avenue. Few towns in Massachusetts are as strategically located.
It's amazes me how much has changed in this past year, since I began this page. After several years of searching, my wife and I bought our first home in the Cedarwood neighborhood of Waltham and welcomed our first child, Stefania Marie, into the world. I look forward to raising her, and watching her grow, in this wonderful city.
A friend of mine at work had been telling me about this place for awhile before we finally started going a few months... more travel advice
fdrich29's Related Pages
Waltham Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Waltham, Ma.- My Adopted City"
- "Day trip to Waltham ~ Mother's Day Plant Sale"
- "My Boston area hotel"
- "We stayed here for the hotel"
- "Good food!"
- "The Watch City"
- "I REALLY DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THIS PLACE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Waltham
- Hotels in Waltham
- Nightlife in Waltham
- Restaurants in Waltham
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Waltham
- 7 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Waltham?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Waltham
Photos in WalthamSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 46 reviews, 203 photos, 6 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 25 reviews, 107 photos
- Rome Intro, 13 reviews, 50 photos
- Montreal Intro, 12 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 8 reviews, 30 photos
- Washington D.C. 6 reviews, 20 photos
- Lexington Intro, 4 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waltham Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos
- Cleveland 4 reviews, 15 photos
- Sebastian Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos
Latest Waltham hotel reviews
- Embassy Suites Boston / Waltham
- 336 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Homestead Boston Waltham
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 8, 2013
- Crescent Suites Hotel
- 162 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 18, 2013
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Boston/Waltham
- 175 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 9, 2013
- Westin Waltham-Boston Hotel
- 376 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013