"Marriage in a Foreign Land" Top 5 Page for this destination Tashkent by heplion
Tashkent Travel Guide: 49 reviews and 127 photos
My primary reason for visiting Tashkent was to marry my girlfriend of the last year. It was a rather surrealistic event. She left Moscow for Tashkent several weeks before me to begin the beaurocratic process of marrying an American in Uzekistan. I arrived two weeks later and we were given a wedding date on my birthday! What a great present! I got a new wife and a new 5 year old son! Weddings work a little bit different in Uzbekistan, as well as all of the CIS countries I expect. The way it is supposed to work is that you got the local marriage palace (ZAGS) and submit your paperwork and they give you a wedding date about 32 days later. In our case I only had a two week window to be away from work, so we paid a "little" extra money and got a date in about a week. Her parents were able to join us at the wedding, however, unfortunatly, my family was not able to come due to the short notice of the wedding date and the cost of travel to Tashkent from the States.
While walking through the bazzar, I bought some traditional Uzbek clothing for my father. As you can see, it just... more travel advice
Well, there really aren't to many "must see's" in Tashkent. The city was destroyed by an earthquake some years back and... more travel advice
heplion's Related Pages
Tashkent Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Marriage in a Foreign Land"
- "Tashkent-Hidden treasure"
- "Tashkent, city of...uh?"
- "Tash means stone or rock & kent stands for city"
- "Tashkent, Green and Fresh"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tashkent
- Hotels in Tashkent
- Transportation in Tashkent
- Nightlife in Tashkent
- Restaurants in Tashkent
- Shopping in Tashkent
- Warnings and Dangers in Tashkent
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tashkent
- 7 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Tashkent?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tashkent
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 43 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cleveland Intro, 21 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Russia Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Volgograd Intro, 12 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bukhara Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rostov-na-Donu Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tashkent Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Guangzhou Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Samara Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hong Kong Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos