"PETRA" Petra by MiguelMV
Petra Travel Guide: 1,018 reviews and 2,645 photos
What can I say? It's one of the most astonishing places I've ever been. Simply a visit to Petra worths a travel to Jordan. Be sure that you can see many pictures, and read many articles about it, but you won't get a full idea on how impressive it is until you are there, standing in the middle of the valley looking at the natural and human made monuments that are surrounding you.
I've been on December 31st and January 1st. The weather has been very nice. 20-25 degrees during day, which made the 10 hour journey inside Petra quite soft (I can't imagine how it can be in summer with 40 degrees) and nice 15-18 degrees during night.
You can read more about the different monuments, routes, etc in the tips
A journey in Petra can take several hours or even a couple or three days. But with an 8 to 10 hour journey around Petra, you can visit the most importat an interesting places. Don't miss the monastery up in the mountain, the 800 hundred step way up is really worth it.
The way up to the Monastery is a real spectacular climbing along the mountains. You can do it yourself and walk up the... more travel advice
The main street down Petra has a nabatean origin. It used to be surrounded by columns. The oldest rests date from the... more travel advice
MiguelMV's Related Pages
Petra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Petra : the city of the caravans"
- "Petra: a wonderful town"
- "A love story with Petra"
- "The Nabataean City"
- "Petra - a highlight of Jordan"
- "Just one (almost) perfect day.........."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Petra
- Hotels in Petra
- Transportation in Petra
- Nightlife in Petra
- Restaurants in Petra
- Shopping in Petra
- Warnings and Dangers in Petra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Petra
- 31 Reviews
- 68 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Petra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Petra
Photos in PetraSee All Photos (68)
Top 10 Pages
- Jordan Intro, 109 reviews, 192 photos
- Petra Intro, 31 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues
- Amman Intro, 20 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Jarash Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos
- Wadi Rum Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Umm Qays Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos
- Madaba Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Slovenia Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Copenhagen Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue