"QASR AMRAH" Top 5 Page for this destination Qasr `Amrah by MiguelMV
Qasr `Amrah Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 87 photos
A palace or castle build for holidays and recreation, is one of the most important medieval buildings in Jordan. It was built from 705 to 715 by Walidi I. It is very small , but it has some unique ornamental decoration. The main hall has three naves covered by vaults full of fresco paintings. It also has a hammam with paitings on the ceiling (including the zodiac constellations), which are really beautiful. The monument has been declared as part of Human Word Heritage by Unesco.
The most beautiful frescos of the castle are located in the vault at the hammam. It has details of the zodiac... more travel advice
MiguelMV's Related Pages
Qasr `Amrah Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The best Desert Castle"
- "QASR AMRAH"
- "Desert Castle"
- "Qasr 'Amrah"
- "Qas'r Amra"
- "Qusair Amrah"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Qasr `Amrah
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Qasr `Amrah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Qasr `Amrah
Photos in Qasr `AmrahSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Jordan Intro, 109 reviews, 192 photos
- Petra Intro, 31 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues
- Amman Intro, 20 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Jarash Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos
- Wadi Rum Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Umm Qays Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos
- Madaba Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Slovenia Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Copenhagen Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue