"UMM QAYS - NORTH JORDAN" Umm Qays by MiguelMV
Umm Qays Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 63 photos
Situated in the northwest edge of Jordan, Umm Qays is the current name of ancient city of Gadara, a member of the Decapolis. The ruins are very remarkable, specially the roman theatres. And also the views from there, because you can see three countries at the same time: Jordan, Israel and Syria. The views of the Lake Tiberias and the Golan Heights with the valley of the Yarmuk are really beautiful.
All the area is full of ruins of different buildings of several times, as well as sepulchres and tombs. Some areas are... more travel advice
Territories of dispute between Israel and Syria, the Golam Heights start just a few hundred metres in front of Umm Qays,... more travel advice
MiguelMV's Related Pages
Umm Qays Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Umm Qaiys"
- "UMM QAYS - NORTH JORDAN"
- "The Land of the Gadareans"
- "An Ancient Town Called Gadara..."
- "Umm Qais"
- "Furthest North"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Umm Qays
- 8 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Umm Qays?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Umm Qays
Photos in Umm QaysSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Jordan Intro, 109 reviews, 192 photos
- Petra Intro, 31 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues
- Amman Intro, 20 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Jarash Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos
- Wadi Rum Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Umm Qays Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos
- Madaba Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Slovenia Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Copenhagen Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue