"The Beach, Candy, and Tourism" Top 5 Page for this destination Seaside by kaloz

Seaside Travel Guide: 65 reviews and 161 photos

Many Diversions

Seaside Oregon is the end of the Lewis and Clark Trail. While it has American historical value, this beach town capitalizes on it's beach to attract the tourist trade with many shops and eateries. I was there out of season, but it was still crowded. This diner plays upon the nostalgia for the 1950s which was an exciting time in the USA.

Lewis and Clark

Meriwether Lewis and William Clark headed an expedition to explore the extent of the Louisiana purchase, and find the western edge of the North American Continent. They arrived on the Oregon coast in 1806. They wintered here and operated a salt making camp before heading back to make their report.

A New Library

Seaside Oregon opened the doors of it's new public library in September 2008. I am a library user, and we here in Kodiak Alaska are trying to get a new library for our community, so it was very interesting to see a modern library and talk about how the project came to be.

• Pros:Salt Water Taffy, the Beach, and American History
  • Cons:Touristy with much Honky-Tonk.
  • In a nutshell:I enjoyed my visit
  • Last visit to Seaside: Oct 2008
  • Intro Written Nov 27, 2008

• May 17, 2009 at 11:00 AM

As a little girl I went there and then we moved and I always wanted to go back. Two years ago my husband and I were visiting family and we decided to see if Norma's was still there, we were pleasantly surprised. It was just as wonderful as I remembered.

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2008 at 4:40 AM

Looks like a nice place to visit

• Dec 8, 2008 at 5:36 AM

Nice new page

kaloz

“On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless thousands.”

Badges & Stats in Seaside

Have you been to Seaside?

Latest Activity in Seaside