"Known locally as "Put-Out-Bay"" Top 5 Page for this destination Put-in-Bay by kaloz

Put-in-Bay Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 99 photos

Put-in-Bay

This photo is taken from atop the Perry Monument, and shows the main town and bay. Put-in-Bay is an island in Lake Erie, one of the five Great Lakes, not too far from Sandusky, if you are planning a Cedar Point trip.

Perry Monument

There was a terrible navel battle near here in 1812, both sides suffered heavy casualties. A general truce was enacted to care for the wounded. This monument is for that truce and has the names of those killed on both sides lining the inner walls.

I just love this!

Live bait in a can!! I don't know if these vending machines can be found anywhere else, but I know of two in Ohio. I had to put this picture here, so you wouldn't miss it.

• Pros:Great Fun
  • Cons:Tourist Prices
  • In a nutshell:Christmas in July
  • Last visit to Put-in-Bay: Jul 2000
  • Intro Written Jan 5, 2003

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2007 at 7:41 AM

I'm still smiling. What a delight to read your "inspirational" descriptions. I think you have fun or make fun whenever you travel. One-of-a-kind photographs.

• erikatheskysailor's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2004 at 9:54 AM

How hilarious; a drive-by flasing by bicycle! Disturbing yet oddly funny. :p Neat tips! You are creative with a few. Never heard the nickname before but I'll watch for you 'bandits' next time! ;)

• Feb 8, 2004 at 5:19 PM

Put-In-Bay...the best tourist trap in Ohio. How can you not have a good time here? Great page!! I can't wait till summer!!

• chauncenetta's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2003 at 6:10 PM

I live very close to Put Out Bay and still haven't done the wild weekend there... only the sedate Kelley's Island for me so far ... but now I must go to the party island. It's nice to have a perspective from someone other than a Clevelander.

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2003 at 1:29 PM

Sounds like you had a blast here - nothing stops you...lol Obviously not 'Put-Off Bay'. Those are some great 'wild' photos you have.. thanks for the laugh.

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2003 at 10:33 PM

I had many changes going to put in Bay, now I wished I did go .
    Thanks for showing it Nick a
    a great page.

• Madasabull's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2003 at 2:04 PM

Its so hard to imagine that there are so many great places out there. Nice page.

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2003 at 12:50 PM

Hahaha, it sure looks like you had a lot of fun here :-))) Great fun page!

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2003 at 11:57 PM

it looks like you ha dreal fun on your 'gold' cart Nick..lovely page

• ATLC's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2003 at 11:32 PM

You really make the place come alive! Jolly amusing page :-)

kaloz

“On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless thousands.”

Badges & Stats in Put-in-Bay

Have you been to Put-in-Bay?

Latest Activity in Put-in-Bay