"Breeder's Cup -- 2002 -- Arlington Park" Arlington Heights by kaloz

Arlington Heights Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 68 photos

The Breeder's Cup, 2002

1984 was the first Breeder's cup, now billed The World Thoroughbred Championships. This event moves each year and 2002 is the first time at Arlington Park. There are 8 Grade 1 stakes races! Even without the allure of the Breeder's cup, visit the horse park, it is beautiful, and you might make some money!

William Dunton -- Founder

Arlington Heights is a wonderful city outside of Chicago. There are pretty buildings and parks, and plenty of diversions to keep you busy. Good restaurants, shopping, parks, horse races, and a quick trip into Chicago.

Fall Colour

I was lucky enough to be here in late October, and the trees are in their autumn spendor. Red, yellow, gold, green, it is nature's fireworks.

• Pros:A beautiful and friendly town
  • Cons:too many cars
  • In a nutshell:an oft overlooked spot outside of Chicago
  • Last visit to Arlington Heights: Oct 2002
  • Intro Written Oct 30, 2002

• Jan 28, 2008 at 10:11 AM

Wonderfull picture

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2004 at 5:17 PM

Nick, what a great job you have done on your Arlington Heights pages. we go there often and also saw Cigar and the great John Henry! Lots of solid information that is helpful to travelers, honest and interesting. Great photos to accompany excellent text.

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2004 at 8:05 AM

I used to live not too far from Arlington Heights. I went to the Arlington Citation Challenge in 1996 and saw Cigar tied the record for the most consecutive wins. A fun time.

• shrimp56's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2003 at 5:34 AM

What a dawg:)) I'll be back for more local color!

• Leniwy's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2003 at 6:40 PM

Great tips and background! I'll definitely want to check out the "Cajun Kitchen" the next time I'm up that way (where the rice isn't so 'pricey';-)

• mrclay2000's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2003 at 7:04 PM

Suffering from a bad cold right now, so when I saw the Chicago style dog I nearly lost it. The man sweeping the curb reminds one of Paris.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2003 at 5:17 PM

My worked used to send me to Des Plains all the time for training. But Arlington never had racing when I was there :-(

• doolemma's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2003 at 6:00 PM

Restaurant tips looks like a great slection.Hope you ate first and then fed the ponies.

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2003 at 6:53 PM

I hope you win a $1,000,000 next time!!

• o00o's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2003 at 10:50 PM

Intersting Horesriding and racing tips.

kaloz

“On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless thousands.”

Badges & Stats in Arlington Heights

Have you been to Arlington Heights?

Latest Activity in Arlington Heights