"New Years Eve 1998-1999" Cabbage Key by kaloz
Cabbage Key Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 38 photos
This trip came about in an unusual manner. I was in New Orleans for Mardi Gras and met some nice people from Florida who invited me to a New Year's party on Cabbage Key. They thought that I was Drew Carey, who was Baccus that year, and kept calling me Drew.
Every party has a character who gets really funny when he gets drunk, and I was lucky enough to get this photo.
Deciding to go to Florida for New Years was not a hard decision, then I had to do my homework. I was invited as Drew Carey, so I had to start watching the show. At that time, everyone in Cleveland, OH was going blond because some of the Cleveland Indians players did it and it was a way to support the team. Drew went blond, I went blond. Drew was fronting his band with an accordian, and grew a goatee, I got out my accordian and grew a goatee. I was ready!
When I got there, I found out that the girl who invited me was not the big fan, it was the people she was with at Mardi Gras, so she didn't understand my look or the accordian, but all the people at the New Years party did, and it was a great gag.
Cabbage Key is where Jimmy Buffet wrote his song "Cheeseburger in Paradise".
The walls of the bar are covered with money, many people who visit sign a dollar bill and tape it to the wall or ceiling, it is very hard to find an oopen space, so in some places the wallpaper is several dollars thick.
- Pros:Cheeseburger in Paradise
- Cons:Accessable only by boat
- In a nutshell:A fun time
I try to carry very little while travelling. The more bags, the more likely to have trouble. I carry a backpack... more travel advice
The theme of the party was red, and this guy had just the perfect hat for the occation. Party on, Dude!! more travel advice
- See All Bloody Marys on the fore deck
- See All People who make a party a success
- See All Thank you, Candace!
- See All Be careful what you get yourself into
Written Jan 2, 2003
One adventure leads to another
Written Jan 2, 2003
New Year's Party Pics
kaloz's Related Pages
Cabbage Key Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Cabbage Key
- Hotels in Cabbage Key
- Transportation in Cabbage Key
- Nightlife in Cabbage Key
- Restaurants in Cabbage Key
- Warnings and Dangers in Cabbage Key
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cabbage Key
- 19 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Cabbage Key?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cabbage Key
Photos in Cabbage KeySee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anchorage Intro, 61 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 48 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Girdwood Intro, 47 reviews, 50 photos
- Ireland Intro, 32 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alaska Intro, 33 reviews, 36 photos
- Arlington Heights Intro, 25 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cadiz Intro, 18 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dakar Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cabbage Key Intro, 19 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Homer Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos