"Yo Ho Ho, and a bottle of Rum" Top 5 Page for this destination Mystic by kaloz
Mystic Travel Guide: 151 reviews and 475 photos
I saw a flier for a "swashbuckling pirate cruise" and got excited. I spent the year preparing: growing my hair and beard, making clothes, pierced my ear, learned to fence, and reading sea literature. My co-workers admonished me that I was going to be the only idiot to go to those lengths, but I didn't care I had a great time.
They were wrong, Jo Jo had also prepared, and we became leaders of different factions on the cruise and had a great time.
The other pirates said their trip was enhanced by our rivalry, and we were invited back as part of the crew in suceeding years.
So always do what your heart tells you to do, it is worth the effort.
"A man who in not a-feared of the sea will soon be drowned, for he'll be going out when he oughtn't, but we do be a-feared of the sea, and we do be drowned only now and then." J. N. Synge.
We come across a pirate in a jolly boat and relieve him of his treasure map, and sail off for adventure and treasure.
We are aboard the 114' Mystic Clipper, a gaff-rigged schooner. There is no feeling like running before the wind on a wooden boat!
Our adventure will take us into Block Island Sound and Long Island Sound before we are through.
So sail with me on this journey
As one who lives outside the law, ye never know when your destination will be the "execution dock" so make every moment count. Live hard, Play hard, and go for all the adventure ye can.
A pirates life is full of adventure, when I'm not out raping, pillaging, and plundering, you may find me in a grog shoppe with a tankard of ale.
AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH! that the life for me!
- Pros:Set Sail for Adventure
- Cons:Execution Dock
- In a nutshell:The Pirate life for me!!
Pack your gear in your seabag, and sling it over your shoulder. Deck shoes with the squeegie bottoms, I recommend... more travel advice
A crew is only as good as it's leader, and Cap'n John is an able seaman with a lust for adventure and riches. Tested by... more travel advice
kaloz's Related Pages
Mystic Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Yo Ho Ho, and a bottle of Rum"
- "A Seaside Town"
- "MYSTIC SEAPORT--A seafaring village"
- "Many faces of Mystic....."
- "Mystic, CT"
- "Keeweechic's Mystic"
- "Exploring this historical town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mystic
- Hotels in Mystic
- Transportation in Mystic
- Nightlife in Mystic
- Restaurants in Mystic
- Shopping in Mystic
- Warnings and Dangers in Mystic
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mystic
- 23 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 27 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (36)
Have you been to Mystic?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mystic
Top 10 Pages
- Reykjavík Intro, 58 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anchorage Intro, 61 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 48 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Girdwood Intro, 47 reviews, 50 photos
- Ireland Intro, 32 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alaska Intro, 33 reviews, 36 photos
- Arlington Heights Intro, 25 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cadiz Intro, 18 reviews, 43 photos
- Dakar Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Málaga Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos