"An evening in Sand Point" Sand Point by kaloz
Sand Point Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 12 photos
Our stop in Sand Point was fairly late in the day, getting in after 10:pm and leaving at half past midnight. We were losing the light fast, so there aren't many pictures, but we did find our way to the Sand Point Tavern, where we were welcomed with open arms and many drinks!
Details in Nightlife.
From the pier in Sand Point, you have to walk around the harbor to get to the town, a good hike of 15-20 minutes! Fortunately, I am not shy, and secured a ride with one of the locals who came to see the ferry in. Edi runs a Bed and Breakfast, and was delighted to hear about being on VT. More information in Accomodations.
Sand Point is an Island community, though we are still a ways from the start of the Aleutian Chain. We are in an island group known as the Shumagin Islands. Besides fishing, mining for crystals is popular in this area.
- Pros:Friendly People
- Cons:Good hike into town
- In a nutshell:Really friendly people
This picture is not taken in Sand Point. It was taken in Pasagshak on Kodiak Island. Sand Point does have Buffalo on... more travel advice
To get to the town, you will have a bit of a hike from the pier. The path takes you around the harbor and into the town.... more travel advice
kaloz's Related Pages
Sand Point Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Sand Point
- Hotels in Sand Point
- Nightlife in Sand Point
- Shopping in Sand Point
- Warnings and Dangers in Sand Point
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sand Point
- 9 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Sand Point?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sand Point
Photos in Sand PointSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anchorage Intro, 61 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 48 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Girdwood Intro, 47 reviews, 50 photos
- Ireland Intro, 32 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alaska Intro, 33 reviews, 36 photos
- Arlington Heights Intro, 25 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cadiz Intro, 18 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dakar Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cabbage Key Intro, 19 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Homer Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos