"Palmer -- The Alaska State Fair" Palmer by kaloz
Palmer Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 51 photos
Palmer is located in the Mat-Su Valley, (Matanuska-Susitna) which is the agricultural region of Alaska. Alaska has a short growing season, but with 20+ hours of daylight, the produce here is huge. The giant cabbage competition is today (time of writing -- not time of visit) and the question is will it weigh over 100 pounds!
For all you fans of topiary, this merry go round is a must. It is fantastic! Lion! Horse! Al Paca! Unicorn! and the Frog-Prince! Just a stunning display.
Bring the kids, and have fun. Get your hair done, or just enjoy some cotton-candy. There are sights, sounds, and smells to delight all age groups.
- Pros:Fun at the Fair
- Cons:Easy to over indulge in fair foods
- In a nutshell:Fun for everyone
Is there such a thing as "off the beaten path" at the State Fair? I am using it to show some of the other crops... more travel advice
This is so cool!! The complete cast of characters can be found in my T-Logue. Sorry the light did't help my photos, but... more travel advice
kaloz's Related Pages
Palmer Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Palmer -- The Alaska State Fair"
- "The Palmer, Alaska Musk Ox Farm"
- "Palmer and the Matanuska Valley"
- "bido's new Palmer page"
- "Greyraven23's Palmer Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Palmer
- Hotels in Palmer
- Transportation in Palmer
- Restaurants in Palmer
- Warnings and Dangers in Palmer
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Palmer
- 15 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Palmer?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Palmer
- Posted in Travel Alaska Forum "RE: how to get from Anchorage to..."
- Commented on one of sue&gene's Palmer travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Merry Go Round -- Topiary"
- created a Palmer Travelogue "Merry Go Round -- Topiary"
- Wrote a Review OK, everyone wants to see the cabbage! in Palmer Off The Beaten Path
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anchorage Intro, 61 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 48 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Girdwood Intro, 47 reviews, 50 photos
- Ireland Intro, 32 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alaska Intro, 33 reviews, 36 photos
- Arlington Heights Intro, 25 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cadiz Intro, 18 reviews, 43 photos
- Dakar Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cabbage Key Intro, 19 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Homer Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos