"Homer -- suffering from a "Spit" Personality" Top 5 Page for this destination Homer by kaloz
Homer Travel Guide: 148 reviews and 370 photos
Peggy and Diane tell me that they sell these villages in knick-knack shops. Well Paddy-whack, we've got the real thing here in Homer.
Homer is at the end of the road, Route 1, 226 miles from Anchorage a nice days drive. It is also just one ferry stop from my home in Kodiak.
Homer is located on Kachemak Bay and offers a spectacular view. It is full of charm, and has a hidden treasure, the town of Homer, located about 5 miles from the spit, and often overlooked by travelers.
When I first visited Homer, I noticed a lot of galleries. As you can see from this picture, the artistic bent adds a lot of charm to the town. Be sure to bring lots of film.
Homer will charm you, and you may not want to leave.
Great Views! Great Charm! A Famous Saloon! Great Fishing! If this wasn't enough . . . A great place to pick up chicks! So the sign says.
Actually, this sign would not be out of place at the Salty Dog, where women tend to leave their underwear in the bar. Don't believe me? Go and see for yourself.
Homer attracts a lot of travellers, many young, and does have a wild side. This is a place to fall in love, at least for one night.
- Pros:Charm, Views, Nightlife, Fishing, 'nuff said.
- Cons:You may never want to leave
- In a nutshell:Don't miss it.
We met the ferry, M/V Tustemena, to continue our trip to Kodiak, and who was on board? Gretchen. If you don't know... more travel advice
We didn't stay at the Land's End Resort, but we did go inside for the historical display about the history of Homer and... more travel advice
- See All Pick up Chicks
- See All All the Souveniers you could possibly...
- See All That Embarassing Fishing Tan
- See All Local Charm
kaloz's Related Pages
Homer Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Homer -- suffering from a "Spit" Personality"
- "Halibut Capital of the World"
- "Hangin with the locals in Homer"
- "Homer - The Famous Spit of Alaska"
- "Homer Alaska"
- "Jumping Around Homer!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Homer
- Hotels in Homer
- Transportation in Homer
- Nightlife in Homer
- Restaurants in Homer
- Shopping in Homer
- Warnings and Dangers in Homer
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Homer
- 26 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Homer?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Homer
- Posted in Travel Alaska Forum "RE: how to get from Anchorage to..."
- Commented on one of wilsonjw's Homer travel pages
- Wrote a Review Meet other travellers, old friends, or new in Homer Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Camping on the Spit"
- created a Homer Travel Page "Homer -- suffering from a "Spit" Personality"
Photos in HomerSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anchorage Intro, 61 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 48 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Girdwood Intro, 47 reviews, 50 photos
- Ireland Intro, 32 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alaska Intro, 33 reviews, 36 photos
- Arlington Heights Intro, 25 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cadiz Intro, 18 reviews, 43 photos
- Dakar Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cabbage Key Intro, 19 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Homer Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos