"Alaskan Fun Starts Here" Top 5 Page for this destination Anchorage by kaloz
Anchorage Travel Guide: 847 reviews and 1,567 photos
Sharrie emailed and said she was coming to Anchorage, so I posted a meeting notice and Stargazer1 (ajay) joined us in January 2004 for a meeting at Fletcher's.
Anchorage is the starting point for many Alaskan adventures, unless you are doing a cruise of SE. So chances are you will pass through Anchorage, as I must every time I travel. This page is always under revision, as I stay at different places, and eat at different places. (VT has changed the way I travel).
Once you are in Anchorage, remember, Alaska is only an hour away! (haha)
See the Travelogue for more pictures of the VT Meeting.
In the summer of 2003, Anchorage sponsored "Wild Salmon on Parade" where large decorated fish were on display throught the area, and visitors were given a guide, and it was a fun way to hit the highlights of the town. Then you got to vote on which fish you liked best. There was even an auction with the proceeds going to Salmon Recovery and other charities.
See my Travelogue for more "Wild Salmon on Parade"
OK, every Anchorage page has the log cabin. So what? It is the best place to start. And you wouldn't want to miss that huge hunk of JADE
The staff is very helpful and can assist you in planning your Alaskan vacation.
- Pros:Fun Surprises
- Cons:Caters to the tourist
- In a nutshell:A good starting point for seeing Alaska
Earthquake park, located near the airport, shows the effects of the 1964 "Good Friday" Earthquake. The interpretive... more travel advice
If you are taking a motorcycle tour of Alaska, the House of Harley does have a small camping area. I did not inquire as... more travel advice
- See All The Alaskan ULU
- See All Your Local Burgerman since 1964
- See All Not a Tourist Trap
- See All You've come this far . . .
- See All Alaska might be cold
Written Feb 1, 2004
VT Meeting -- January2004
Written Feb 5, 2004
Wild Salmon on Parade
kaloz's Related Pages
Anchorage Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Not Alaska - But You Can See It From Here"
- "Alaskan Fun Starts Here"
- "Anchorage, Alaska: A Great City in The Great Land"
- "My 2 Alaskas"
- "Anchorage - Gateway to Wild Alaska"
- "frankcanfly's Anchorage Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Anchorage
- Hotels in Anchorage
- Transportation in Anchorage
- Nightlife in Anchorage
- Restaurants in Anchorage
- Shopping in Anchorage
- Warnings and Dangers in Anchorage
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Anchorage
- 61 Reviews
- 77 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 34 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Anchorage?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Anchorage
Top 10 Pages
- Reykjavík Intro, 58 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anchorage Intro, 61 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 48 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Girdwood Intro, 47 reviews, 50 photos
- Ireland Intro, 32 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alaska Intro, 33 reviews, 36 photos
- Arlington Heights Intro, 25 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cadiz Intro, 18 reviews, 43 photos
- Dakar Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Málaga Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos