"Hortobągy and the Puszta" Hortobagy by kaloz
Hortobagy Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 46 photos
Regretfully I did not take many pictures in Hortobągy. We got horses and rode out on the plains. This is where the Hungarian Cowboy, the chicosz (forgive the spelling) heard the wild horses and other livestock. They draw their water from cantilevered wells. It is truely marvelous.
Hortobągy draws many travellers, and supports itself with local crafts. This woman embroiders all these wonderful pieces. They are very beautiful (nagyon szep).
Since I didn't take many pictures, I will recommend a film called "Brady's Escape" it is not a great film, but it does feature the Puszta and the way of life of the cowboys. It is an accurate depiction of how they live and work even to this day. They still wear the traditional costumes.
- Pros:Fascinating way of life
- In a nutshell:Don't miss it
We spent many happy hours talking to the people of Hortobągy. Hungarian is a must when talking to locals! It is a... more travel advice
This woman embroiders all of her wares. This is real Hungarian craft. They are beautiful. Buy the embroidery, it is an... more travel advice
kaloz's Related Pages
Hortobagy Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hortobągy and the Puszta"
- "'Farthest east' in Hortobagy"
- "The Hungarian Puszta"
- "Hortobagy Panorama"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hortobagy
- Hotels in Hortobagy
- Transportation in Hortobagy
- Restaurants in Hortobagy
- Shopping in Hortobagy
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hortobagy
- 5 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (36)
Have you been to Hortobagy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hortobagy
Photos in HortobagySee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavķk Intro, 58 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anchorage Intro, 61 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 48 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Girdwood Intro, 47 reviews, 50 photos
- Ireland Intro, 32 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alaska Intro, 33 reviews, 36 photos
- Arlington Heights Intro, 25 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cadiz Intro, 18 reviews, 43 photos
- Dakar Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mįlaga Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos