"Tihany -- A peninsula on Lake Balaton" Top 5 Page for this destination Tihany by kaloz
Tihany Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 170 photos
If you are visiting Lake Balaton, you should go to Tihany. It is on a spit of land sticking into the northwest part of the lake. It is a very popular place when you need a break from the beaches. Even after the season we found it to be quite crowded. It is beautiful, and draws street performers and artisans selling there wares in the streets.
I was buying a lot of crafts because we were staying with friends and I had time to wrap and ship my purchases. The Hungarian embroidery is excellent. There are many people selling on the streets, so there is plenty to coose from.
Tihany has many buildings with thatched roofs and even a few piles of stones. It sort of reminded me of Ireland. It is a charming place with cobbled streets and plenty to discover.
- Pros:Very Charming
- Cons:Very Crowded
- In a nutshell:a pleasant afternoon trip
Located at the highest point on the peninsula, the church is the first thing that catches your eye. When we visited... more travel advice
Tihany is very pretty. A lot of the charm comes from the many thatched cottages, which were reminiscent of Ireland. They... more travel advice
kaloz's Related Pages
Tihany Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tihany-950 years old Abbey, Balaton & great views"
- "Micro-peninsula in the micro-sea"
- "Tihany -- A peninsula on Lake Balaton"
- "The nicest view of the Balaton"
- "Charming Town in Lake Balaton Area"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tihany
- Hotels in Tihany
- Transportation in Tihany
- Restaurants in Tihany
- Shopping in Tihany
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tihany
- 6 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Tihany?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tihany
Photos in TihanySee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anchorage Intro, 61 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 48 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Girdwood Intro, 47 reviews, 50 photos
- Ireland Intro, 32 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alaska Intro, 33 reviews, 36 photos
- Arlington Heights Intro, 25 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cadiz Intro, 18 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dakar Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cabbage Key Intro, 19 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Homer Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos