"Hungary -- Travels with Dad" Top 5 Page for this destination Hungary by kaloz
Hungary Travel Guide: 11,211 reviews and 28,501 photos
I grew up with many Hungarian friends in Cleveland, Ohio. The city with the 2nd largest Hungarian population (behind Budapest)!! Dad had talked about visiting, as he had never been there, and after a couple of years working at a good job, I booked us passage, and away we went. We were there for three weeks, and it was a blast. I tried to learn some Hungarian, but I was not very good.
This is a fountain in Pecs, there is no good way to photograph this wonderful fountain, and it is huge. A very simple design with many layers of small falling water. It was one of my favorite things in Hungary.
This is a street in Budapest named for our family!! Utca is a small street. Ut is a larger street. There, now you can speak some Hungarian! We had a grand time taking many photos on our street, and there is a fountain at one end, where some street musicians set up and played for us. I had a roll of B&W in the camera that I had to finish in Hungary so this is not a grayscale of a color photo. I showed these pictures at work and one girl said that I must have an old camera. I thought she was observant because of the square format of the pictures, but I asked her why she thought that, and she said, "'cause it takes black and white photographs." I tell you it is true, I nearly fell over laughing.
The King lives!! This is a posed photo of pops combing his hair in front of the Elvis shop. This is in the town of Sopron, near the Austrian border. We travelled all over the country. Visiting many regions and cities. It would be nice to spend more time in one place, but I didn't know if Pops would ever go back.
- Pros:Lots to see and do.
- Cons:Hard Language
- In a nutshell:Enjoy Hungary -- It's great
Modeled after Versaille, this country castle is a wonderful place to visit. Hayden composed there and a museum hold many... more travel advice
Tihany is a wonderful little place jutting into Lake Balaton. It is very pretty and very crowded. There are many street... more travel advice
- See All Many fountains
- A Word about Postcards.
- Never cross the street!!
- IBUSZ or not to IBUSZ --that is the...
kaloz's Related Pages
Hungary Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Republic of Hungary"
- "Paul2001 Quick trip through Hungary"
- "Hungary -- Travels with Dad"
- "I used to live here - will return to live there"
- "Beautiful Hungary Pages·:*¨`*:·~My§ticÄl~·:*¨`"
- "Hungary... My home"
- "cobrioc's new Hungary Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hungary
- Hotels in Hungary
- Transportation in Hungary
- Nightlife in Hungary
- Restaurants in Hungary
- Shopping in Hungary
- Warnings and Dangers in Hungary
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hungary
- 81 Reviews
- 132 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 9 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Hungary?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hungary
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anchorage Intro, 61 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 48 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Girdwood Intro, 47 reviews, 50 photos
- Ireland Intro, 32 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alaska Intro, 33 reviews, 36 photos
- Arlington Heights Intro, 25 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cadiz Intro, 18 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dakar Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cabbage Key Intro, 19 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Homer Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos