"Olinda, que Lindo!" Top 5 Page for this destination Olinda by kaloz
Olinda Travel Guide: 71 reviews and 164 photos
While Recife is the nearest port, Olinda (Orinda) may be your travel destination. This charming town in the hills outside of Recife is a very popular destination offering color, history, charm, and views of the ocean. Here you will not find heavy industry, but shops that cater to the tourist, and the locals. There are artists with galleries, and brightly painted buildings on these hills cobbled streets.
Children are alike everywhere, without a made up play area, a child will clib the nearest tree. Olinda provides lush vegetation for a game of hide and seek, or for spurring the imagination with a game of pirates and maidens.
The gentle nature of the Brasilian people is evident in the children. Brasilians do not seemed prejudiced by poverty. I had a tour guide in Rio de Janeiro tell me that they are not bad people, they just have to live by the rules of where they live, referring to the favellas. Perhaps because of circumstance, without distractions of television or xbox, the people are out in the street enjoying life.
- Cons:The hills may be taxing if you are not in shape
- In a nutshell:This is one place where I did not encounter begging
A bright day anywhere in the world will be an excuse for a man with a car to take his shirt off and wash it in public.... more travel advice
The Post Office in Brasil is caller the Correos. They only accept cash, and only in Rls. The Correos in Olinda is... more travel advice
kaloz's Related Pages
Olinda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "WELCOME TO OLINDA!A CITY OF ALL NATIONS!"
- "Well done, Portugal"
- "OH Linda!"
- "Olinda, que Lindo!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Olinda
- Hotels in Olinda
- Transportation in Olinda
- Nightlife in Olinda
- Restaurants in Olinda
- Shopping in Olinda
- Warnings and Dangers in Olinda
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Olinda
- 12 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (36)
Have you been to Olinda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Olinda
Photos in OlindaSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 58 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anchorage Intro, 61 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 48 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Girdwood Intro, 47 reviews, 50 photos
- Ireland Intro, 32 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alaska Intro, 33 reviews, 36 photos
- Arlington Heights Intro, 25 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cadiz Intro, 18 reviews, 43 photos
- Dakar Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Málaga Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos