"Salvador de Bahia de Todos Santos" Salvador da Bahia by kaloz
Salvador da Bahia Travel Guide: 626 reviews and 1,331 photos
My second port in Brasil was Salvador de Bahia de Todos Santos, All Saints Bay. Here there were many colorful costumes in the touristy area, but it was hard to take photos for every time you raised your camera, someone was begging for money. This snap is my favorite. It shows a young Brasilian woman smoking while her baby suckles on his bottle. Even in the tourist areas there were everyday scenes of real lives.
Salvador is a tale of two cities, the lower city is a working area with the port. An elevator can take you to the upper city and it only costs a nickle, er, 5rl. Looking out from the upper city the view of the sea is lovely.
The square of San Francisco is a popular tourist area, where you will see fight dancing, women in traditional dress, and this lovely sculpture of a cross. It is an enjoyable place to sit and enjoy the show that is Salvador.
- Pros:Colorful, Lively, and Entertaining.
- Cons:So much begging.
- In a nutshell:Beware of men with ID badges.
If you get off the beaten path, you may find a busy street where vendors set up on the sidewalks. All manor of goods may... more travel advice
Brasil is very hot, so find a outdoor cafe to enjoy a cool beverage and enjoy the show. more travel advice
kaloz's Related Pages
Salvador da Bahia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Salvador da Bahia"
- "Salvador - Africa in Brazil"
- "All I want is some ACARAJE!"
- "Salvador de Bahia: african roots are here"
- "Salvador Trip"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Salvador da Bahia
- Hotels in Salvador da Bahia
- Transportation in Salvador da Bahia
- Nightlife in Salvador da Bahia
- Restaurants in Salvador da Bahia
- Shopping in Salvador da Bahia
- Warnings and Dangers in Salvador da Bahia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Salvador da Bahia
- 12 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (36)
Have you been to Salvador da Bahia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Salvador da Bahia
Photos in Salvador da BahiaSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 58 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anchorage Intro, 61 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 48 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Girdwood Intro, 47 reviews, 50 photos
- Ireland Intro, 32 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alaska Intro, 33 reviews, 36 photos
- Arlington Heights Intro, 25 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cadiz Intro, 18 reviews, 43 photos
- Dakar Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Málaga Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos