"Welcome to Alaska, my home, and my travels." kaloz's Profile

New Stuff

Welcome to my homepage. I am now retired (2013) and hope to do more traveling and maybe catch up on some of these VT pages. I have been making introduction pages just to keep my map up to date, now I have to go back and fill in some of the details. I am also scanning old family photos and rediscovering past travels, which not relevant to todays travelers, are a hoot for me to build. I hope that you enjoy my pages, and your comments are always welcome.

Recent Travels in Iceland

I have built my first real VT page in years, on Reykjavík which I have visited thrice in two years. Please come and visit my page and encourage me to continue adding content with your comments (ratings). I will be gone most of March visiting a friend and we are planning a trip to Indian Wells in California to see the tennis tournament. If we make it there, maybe it will be another new page. In the meantime, I have many destinations with only an intro (just to keep my map current) so I have a lot of work ahead of me.

Building new pages

See some other new pages Málaga, Ponta Delgada from a family trip in 2014. I have more pages to build from this trip, but will be traveling for a few weeks, so stay tuned . . .

How I got my name

"Kaloz" is the Hungarian word for "Pirate." In the early 1990s I went on a "swashbuckling pirate adventure" on a schooner out of Mystic Connecticut. I spent the entire year preparing for the trip, making clothes, growing my hair, piercing my ear, and reading sea literature. Many of the crewmates told the operators that Myself and Jo Jo were the best part of the trip, so they asked us back as part of the crew. So, I am a Kaloz. Please visit my Mystic site.

My travels are fun!! and so are my pages

Comments on my pages tell me how fun my travels are. I try to tell stories, and keep you entertained, as well as informed. The best sites for fun and adventure are Cabbage Key, FL, and Mystic, CT, but you will find fun in all my travels

I live in Cordova Alaska

In 2010 I moved to Cordova Alaska, a small fishing village that is not on the road system. Our town motto (unofficial) is "NO ROAD, NO PROBLEM." I have since retired and hope to do more traveling and catching up on these VT pages. If you are coming to Cordova, please let me know. It is always fun to meet travelers.

Ireland

I have recently gotten my old photos out of storage, and am building sites on my travels. This is from a trip to Ireland, after my grandmother had passed away. Three weeks on my bicycle.

Hungary

Dad always talked about going to Hungary, and after I had a good job, I got us tickets. Three weeks traveling around on trains. We even found a street named for our family in Budapest.

• Intro Updated Feb 21, 2015

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
kaloz's Profile Photo

kaloz

“On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless thousands.”

Real Name