"Welcome to Alaska, my home, and my travels." kaloz's Profile

Hello VT -- Getting Reacquainted

Once upon a time I was an active member of the VT community, but fell away for whatever reason. I used to build my pages when my connection was dial up, and it became a chore. Recently (November 2008) I have started builing new pages. It is much faster now. I hope that you will forgive my long absense. This past summer Kodiak had a visit from matcrazy1 who stayed in my home, all vt travellers are welcome.

In 2007 I visited Brasil just on a lark. I have always loved the music and the trip was magical, so I have built a few pages. More pages will be coming soon, as well as updates on my home town which is always changing.

Hope to see you out traveling, in your hometown, or in mine.

Just Got Home -- Seeing Alaska

This year I want to explore more of Alaska. I started out by taking a train ride through the interior from Anchorage to Fairbanks, then on to Chena Hot Springs. We stopped in Honolulu for pictures (haha) Honolulu . . . Alaska!!!

My Anchorage page is always being updated, as we have to stop there to go anywhere else.

How I got my name

"Kaloz" is the Hungarian word for "Pirate." In the early 1990s I went on a "swashbuckling pirate adventure" on a schooner out of Mystic Connecticut. I spent the entire year preparing for the trip, making clothes, growing my hair, piercing my ear, and reading sea literature. Many of the crewmates told the operators that Myself and Jo Jo were the best part of the trip, so they asked us back as part of the crew. So, I am a Kaloz. Please visit my Mystic site.

My travels are fun!! and so are my pages

Comments on my pages tell me how fun my travels are. I try to tell stories, and keep you entertained, as well as informed. The best sites for fun and adventure are Cabbage Key, FL, and Mystic, CT, but you will find fun in all my travels

Kodiak -- My Home

I live in Kodiak, Alaska. It is an island in the Gulf of Alaska, but it is accessable to travellers either by plane, or, on the Alaska Marine Highway, a ferry, the Tustemena, will bring you from either Homer or Seward. The ferry is a good way to see Alaska. The morning sun shine colours the hills red.

VT "Destinations"

I have added some sites in and around Kodiak since VT added more "destinations". Be sure to check out Near Island, Chiniak Island, and some of the native villages; Old Harbor, Larsen Bay, and one humerous "destination" Harvester Island, to see how Alaskans live.

Ireland

I have recently gotten my old photos out of storage, and am building sites on my travels. This is from a trip to Ireland, after my grandmother had passed away. Three weeks on my bicycle.

Hungary

Dad always talked about going to Hungary, and after I had a good job, I got us tickets. Three weeks traveling around on trains. We even found a street named for our family in Budapest.

• Intro Updated Nov 17, 2008

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Happy Belated Birthday Nick! Hope you are doing fine and are enjoying life!
    Your pages always bring a smile to my face :-)

Dec 28, 2013 at 9:22 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICK! Hope to see you around VT soon!

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2013 at 5:23 AM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• ATLC's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Happy birthday and best wishes!

Dec 28, 2012 at 9:57 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICK!! Hope you have a wonderful celebration!

• mrclay2000's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2012 at 5:12 AM

Happy birthday Nick! I was reading my Kodiak adventure just a week ago and remembering my time on the Rock fondly

• TXgal's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2011 at 4:41 PM

Birthday greetings from Texas! Hope you had an awesome day!

Dec 28, 2011 at 8:25 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICK! Hope all is going well for you and that you have a great celebration!

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2011 at 12:25 AM

Happy Birthday Nick! Have a great day!

• mrclay2000's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2010 at 6:35 PM

Nick, I'm fully expecting you to have a happy birthday. The most hospitable home and host on Kodiak Island.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
kaloz's Profile Photo

kaloz

“On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless thousands.”

Real Name