"Welcome to Alaska, my home, and my travels." kaloz's Profile
Welcome to my homepage. I am now retired (2013) and hope to do more traveling and maybe catch up on some of these VT pages. I have been making introduction pages just to keep my map up to date, now I have to go back and fill in some of the details. I am also scanning old family photos and rediscovering past travels, which not relevant to todays travelers, are a hoot for me to build. I hope that you enjoy my pages, and your comments are always welcome.
I have built my first real VT page in years, on Reykjavík which I have visited thrice in two years. Please come and visit my page and encourage me to continue adding content with your comments (ratings). I will be gone most of March visiting a friend and we are planning a trip to Indian Wells in California to see the tennis tournament. If we make it there, maybe it will be another new page. In the meantime, I have many destinations with only an intro (just to keep my map current) so I have a lot of work ahead of me.
"Kaloz" is the Hungarian word for "Pirate." In the early 1990s I went on a "swashbuckling pirate adventure" on a schooner out of Mystic Connecticut. I spent the entire year preparing for the trip, making clothes, growing my hair, piercing my ear, and reading sea literature. Many of the crewmates told the operators that Myself and Jo Jo were the best part of the trip, so they asked us back as part of the crew. So, I am a Kaloz. Please visit my Mystic site.
Comments on my pages tell me how fun my travels are. I try to tell stories, and keep you entertained, as well as informed. The best sites for fun and adventure are Cabbage Key, FL, and Mystic, CT, but you will find fun in all my travels
In 2010 I moved to Cordova Alaska, a small fishing village that is not on the road system. Our town motto (unofficial) is "NO ROAD, NO PROBLEM." I have since retired and hope to do more traveling and catching up on these VT pages. If you are coming to Cordova, please let me know. It is always fun to meet travelers.
I have recently gotten my old photos out of storage, and am building sites on my travels. This is from a trip to Ireland, after my grandmother had passed away. Three weeks on my bicycle.
Personal Pages (2)
Written Dec 1, 2002
VT Thanksgiving 2002
Written Sep 12, 2002
VT added some new sites
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 829 Reviews
- 1,484 Photos
- 10 Countries
- 45 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Music lovers game!"
- Commented on kaloz's profile page
- created a Cartagena Travel Page "Good Friday"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Good Friday"
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to Alaska, my home, and my travels."
- Wrote a Review Seaside on the Alcazaba about Alcazaba in Málaga Things to Do
- kaloz and Regina1965 are now friends.
Top 10 Pages
- Reykjavík Intro, 58 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anchorage Intro, 61 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 48 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Girdwood Intro, 47 reviews, 50 photos
- Ireland Intro, 32 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alaska Intro, 33 reviews, 36 photos
- Arlington Heights Intro, 25 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cadiz Intro, 18 reviews, 43 photos
- Dakar Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Málaga Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos