"Welcome to Alaska, my home, and my travels." kaloz's Profile
Once upon a time I was an active member of the VT community, but fell away for whatever reason. I used to build my pages when my connection was dial up, and it became a chore. Recently (November 2008) I have started builing new pages. It is much faster now. I hope that you will forgive my long absense. This past summer Kodiak had a visit from matcrazy1 who stayed in my home, all vt travellers are welcome.
In 2007 I visited Brasil just on a lark. I have always loved the music and the trip was magical, so I have built a few pages. More pages will be coming soon, as well as updates on my home town which is always changing.
Hope to see you out traveling, in your hometown, or in mine.
This year I want to explore more of Alaska. I started out by taking a train ride through the interior from Anchorage to Fairbanks, then on to Chena Hot Springs. We stopped in Honolulu for pictures (haha) Honolulu . . . Alaska!!!
My Anchorage page is always being updated, as we have to stop there to go anywhere else.
"Kaloz" is the Hungarian word for "Pirate." In the early 1990s I went on a "swashbuckling pirate adventure" on a schooner out of Mystic Connecticut. I spent the entire year preparing for the trip, making clothes, growing my hair, piercing my ear, and reading sea literature. Many of the crewmates told the operators that Myself and Jo Jo were the best part of the trip, so they asked us back as part of the crew. So, I am a Kaloz. Please visit my Mystic site.
Comments on my pages tell me how fun my travels are. I try to tell stories, and keep you entertained, as well as informed. The best sites for fun and adventure are Cabbage Key, FL, and Mystic, CT, but you will find fun in all my travels
I live in Kodiak, Alaska. It is an island in the Gulf of Alaska, but it is accessable to travellers either by plane, or, on the Alaska Marine Highway, a ferry, the Tustemena, will bring you from either Homer or Seward. The ferry is a good way to see Alaska. The morning sun shine colours the hills red.
I have added some sites in and around Kodiak since VT added more "destinations". Be sure to check out Near Island, Chiniak Island, and some of the native villages; Old Harbor, Larsen Bay, and one humerous "destination" Harvester Island, to see how Alaskans live.
I have recently gotten my old photos out of storage, and am building sites on my travels. This is from a trip to Ireland, after my grandmother had passed away. Three weeks on my bicycle.
Personal Pages (2)
Written Dec 1, 2002
VT Thanksgiving 2002
Written Sep 12, 2002
VT added some new sites
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 740 Reviews
- 1,213 Photos
- 8 Countries
- 42 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
- kaloz and udtaparindaa are now friends.
- created a Tauranga Travel Page "Don't overlook this on your way to Rotarua"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Don't overlook this on your way to Rotarua"
- Commented on a2lopes's profile page
- Wrote a Review Outlet Mall in Seaside Shopping
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to Alaska, my home, and my travels."
- Posted in Travel Alaska Forum "RE: how to get from Anchorage to..."
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anchorage Intro, 61 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 48 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Girdwood Intro, 47 reviews, 50 photos
- Ireland Intro, 32 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alaska Intro, 33 reviews, 36 photos
- Arlington Heights Intro, 25 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cadiz Intro, 18 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dakar Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cabbage Key Intro, 19 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Homer Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos