"Welcome to Alaska, my home, and my travels." kaloz's Profile
Once upon a time I was an active member of the VT community, but fell away for whatever reason. I used to build my pages when my connection was dial up, and it became a chore. Recently (November 2008) I have started builing new pages. It is much faster now. I hope that you will forgive my long absense. This past summer Kodiak had a visit from matcrazy1 who stayed in my home, all vt travellers are welcome.
In 2007 I visited Brasil just on a lark. I have always loved the music and the trip was magical, so I have built a few pages. More pages will be coming soon, as well as updates on my home town which is always changing.
Hope to see you out traveling, in your hometown, or in mine.
This year I want to explore more of Alaska. I started out by taking a train ride through the interior from Anchorage to Fairbanks, then on to Chena Hot Springs. We stopped in Honolulu for pictures (haha) Honolulu . . . Alaska!!!
My Anchorage page is always being updated, as we have to stop there to go anywhere else.
"Kaloz" is the Hungarian word for "Pirate." In the early 1990s I went on a "swashbuckling pirate adventure" on a schooner out of Mystic Connecticut. I spent the entire year preparing for the trip, making clothes, growing my hair, piercing my ear, and reading sea literature. Many of the crewmates told the operators that Myself and Jo Jo were the best part of the trip, so they asked us back as part of the crew. So, I am a Kaloz. Please visit my Mystic site.
Comments on my pages tell me how fun my travels are. I try to tell stories, and keep you entertained, as well as informed. The best sites for fun and adventure are Cabbage Key, FL, and Mystic, CT, but you will find fun in all my travels
I live in Kodiak, Alaska. It is an island in the Gulf of Alaska, but it is accessable to travellers either by plane, or, on the Alaska Marine Highway, a ferry, the Tustemena, will bring you from either Homer or Seward. The ferry is a good way to see Alaska. The morning sun shine colours the hills red.
I have added some sites in and around Kodiak since VT added more "destinations". Be sure to check out Near Island, Chiniak Island, and some of the native villages; Old Harbor, Larsen Bay, and one humerous "destination" Harvester Island, to see how Alaskans live.
I have recently gotten my old photos out of storage, and am building sites on my travels. This is from a trip to Ireland, after my grandmother had passed away. Three weeks on my bicycle.
Personal Pages (2)
Written Dec 1, 2002
VT Thanksgiving 2002
Written Sep 12, 2002
VT added some new sites
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 740 Reviews
- 1,170 Photos
- 8 Countries
- 42 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
- Uploaded a Photo to "Welcome Sharrie to Anchorage"
- kaloz and lmkluque are now friends.
- created a Montevideo Travel Page "I felt so Bovine"
- Commented on a2lopes's profile page
- Wrote a Review Outlet Mall in Seaside Shopping
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to Alaska, my home, and my travels."
- Posted in Travel Alaska Forum "RE: how to get from Anchorage to..."
PhotosSee All Photos (1170)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anchorage Intro, 61 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 48 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Girdwood Intro, 47 reviews, 50 photos
- Ireland Intro, 32 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alaska Intro, 33 reviews, 36 photos
- Arlington Heights Intro, 25 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cadiz Intro, 18 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dakar Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cabbage Key Intro, 19 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Homer Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22145 Reviews - 53809 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15551 Reviews - 30943 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23056 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11939 Reviews - 26463 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8353 Reviews - 17025 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7623 Reviews - 19412 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos