Philippines Hotel Tips by hunwagner Top 5 Page for this destination
Philippines Hotels: 148 reviews and 193 photos
If you visit remote islands or hike through mountains off the beaten track, you will be unlikely to find any commercial accomodation at all.
In these cases, you can almost certainly count on Filipino hospitality though. In case no one invites you to stay with them spontenously, you should ask for the local mayor or barangay captain who will invariably sort something out for you.
Please make sure that you don't abuse this hospitality, and don't forget to contribute to your keep. Most Filipinos would feel uncomfortable asking you to pay money for your stay, but you should certainly offer a small amount discretely to the lady of the house upon departure - say it is your contribution to kitchen expenses, as would be within your own family! ;-)
Be aware that staying in a local village will mean that you must sacrifice your privacy, and be ready to put up with local standards of accomodation or food. Filipinos will probably be worried that their "poor" house and food is not suitable for you, so please make things only easier for them by not complaining and asking for special meals and services!
Theme: Bed and Breakfast
Hotels in the Philippines tend to be easy to find in all urban areas, although small towns may only have basic lodges.
Standards are usually good, even the cheapest digs won't be dirty and bug-infested as they might be in some other Asian countries.
Prices are somewhat higher than in Thailand or Indonesia, but still cheap by international standards.
As there are few backpackers, beach resorts here usually cater to trendy locals, foreign divers or - let's admit - sex-tourists.
This means that the standards are higher than in many other parts of South-East Asia, but so are the prices.
Cheap beach huts only exists on a few places.
Really backpacker-oriented budget guesthouses are mostly to be found in Sagada, Banaue and Batad in the Cordillera. These will still be clean and friendly, but very cheap by any standards.
More Reviews (55)
hunwagner's Related Pages
Philippines Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Philippines: The Fiesta Islands of Asia"
- "Tierra Adorada, Hija Del Sol De Oriente..."
- "My Country Home"
- "Over 7000 Islands!! Have Fun"
- "Beautiful Philippines Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Philippines
- Hotels in Philippines
- Transportation in Philippines
- Nightlife in Philippines
- Restaurants in Philippines
- Shopping in Philippines
- Warnings and Dangers in Philippines
- See All...
Explore the World
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Acapulco
- Red Lion Portland Convention Center
- Indigo Reef Marina Homes Resort
- North Hill Inn Red Deer
- Americas Best Value Inn-Spring/Houston
- Resort Intime Sanya
- Red Roof Inn Wilkes-Barre
- Adams Beach Hotel
- Shiik Falmingo Resort
- La Quinta Inn Suites Conway
- Boat Hotel Fortuna
- Ka'anapali Beach Hotel
- Lighthouse Inn Motel
- Melia Sevilla
Badges & Stats in Philippines
- 57 Reviews
- 55 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Philippines?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Philippines
Read real reviews about Philippines Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philippines Intro, 57 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Caledonia Intro, 45 reviews, 46 photos
- Tiritiri Matangi Island Intro, 27 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eritrea Intro, 29 reviews, 14 photos
- Massif du Panié Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nouméa Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Djibouti Intro, 20 reviews, 12 photos
- Hienghène Intro, 13 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Île des Pins Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asmara Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
Top Philippines hotels
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Boracay Island Hotels
- 1618 Reviews - 4456 Photos
- Tagaytay Hotels
- 262 Reviews - 863 Photos
- Subic Hotels
- 248 Reviews - 870 Photos
- Cebu City Hotels
- 486 Reviews - 1429 Photos
- Quezon City Hotels
- 18 Reviews - 124 Photos
- Makati Hotels
- 518 Reviews - 2059 Photos
- Puerto Galera Hotels
- 361 Reviews - 915 Photos
- Pagudpud Hotels
- 412 Reviews - 1111 Photos
- Vigan Hotels
- 417 Reviews - 1221 Photos
- Bohol Hotels
- 489 Reviews - 1571 Photos
- Cebu Island Hotels
- 159 Reviews - 433 Photos
- Davao Hotels
- 244 Reviews - 803 Photos
- Puerto Princesa Hotels
- 214 Reviews - 457 Photos