Keren Things to Do Tips by hunwagner
Keren Things to Do: 9 reviews and 10 photos
Across the main road is the site of Keren's famous wood & camel market. Up to a hundred camels are brought here on Modays, but even on other days you will see quite a few, plenty of donkeys, carrying loads of firewood to be sold to townspeople.
The main vegetable and fruit market in Keren is a riot of colour, thanks to the gorgeous traditional costumes of the local Tigre and Bilen women.
Beyond the veggie market, you enter the bazaar area with its interesting silversmiths and antique shops.
Keren may not be such an overwhelmingly Italian town as Asmara, but it certainly has its share of eye-catching buildings all the same.
Unfortunately, many of these are decaying - gracefully.
This "Circle of Flowers" is the centre of Keren.
It is flanked by pretty, colonial-style houses, some of which now house hotels and restaurants. It is the best place to sit and watch the town go about its life.
More Reviews (4)
hunwagner's Related Pages
Keren Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keren: The Gateway to Western Eritrea"
- "Keren The Tranquil Hilltown"
- "so close to asmara ...so different"
- "Amazing Keren"
- "Keren, market town"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Keren
- 8 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Keren?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Keren
Photos in KerenSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philippines Intro, 57 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Caledonia Intro, 45 reviews, 46 photos
- Tiritiri Matangi Island Intro, 27 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eritrea Intro, 29 reviews, 14 photos
- Massif du Panié Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nouméa Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Djibouti Intro, 20 reviews, 12 photos
- Hienghène Intro, 13 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Île des Pins Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asmara Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos