"Balade: A Remote Historic Spot" Balade by hunwagner
Balade Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 8 photos
Balade is a spread-out, very sparsely inhabited area along the stark and rugged far North-East coast of Grande Terre, 11 kms north of the town of Pouébo.
Its claim to fame is that it was here that the first European explorers set foot in New Caledonia, and there are a few sights associated with the territory's colonization.
Other than that, there is a gorgeous beach, and complete peace and quiet.
Well worth a stop.
In 1913, the French have built this small monument to commemorate their occupation of New Caledonia 60 years earlier,... more travel advice
This nondescript little monument marks the site where the first mass was supposedly held. It was in pretty poor shape. more travel advice
hunwagner's Related Pages
Balade Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Balade
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Balade?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Balade
Photos in BaladeSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philippines Intro, 57 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Caledonia Intro, 45 reviews, 46 photos
- Tiritiri Matangi Island Intro, 27 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eritrea Intro, 29 reviews, 14 photos
- Massif du Panié Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nouméa Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Djibouti Intro, 20 reviews, 12 photos
- Hienghène Intro, 13 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Île des Pins Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asmara Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos