"Mount Panié: The Top of New Caledonia" Massif du Panié by hunwagner
Massif du Panié Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 21 photos
At 1628 metres, Mount Panié is the highest mountain in New Caledonia. It is surrounded by what is possibly the best remaining block of virgin forest in the territory, and has been declared a nature reserve.
The climb to the peak is a rather steep, hard slog, but takes you past varied vegetation zones, rich endemic birdlife and stunning views of both coasts of Grande Terre.
If you are any bit interested in nature or hiking, this is an area not to be missed!
From the ridge, you will have sweeping views of Grande Terre's interior, all the way to the west coast. Having climbed... more travel advice
Close to the peak, the trail becomes very steep in places, with some trickier scrambling necessary at least at one... more travel advice
- White-sand beach - on a riverside!
- See All Tao Falls
- See All Mountain Refuge
- Don't forget to secure your permit!
hunwagner's Related Pages
Massif du Panié Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Massif du Panié
- Hotels in Massif du Panié
- Transportation in Massif du Panié
- Restaurants in Massif du Panié
- Shopping in Massif du Panié
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Massif du Panié
- 19 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Massif du Panié?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Massif du Panié
Photos in Massif du PaniéSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philippines Intro, 57 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Caledonia Intro, 45 reviews, 46 photos
- Tiritiri Matangi Island Intro, 27 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eritrea Intro, 29 reviews, 14 photos
- Massif du Panié Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nouméa Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Djibouti Intro, 20 reviews, 12 photos
- Hienghène Intro, 13 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Île des Pins Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asmara Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos