"Garinish Island - Ilnacullin" Glengarriff by AR76
Glengarriff Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 47 photos
Garinish Island (or Oileán an Chuilinn, 'Ilnacullin', in Irish) is an uninhabited island in Bantry Bay, close to the coastal village of Glengarriff.
The island was initially just a huge piece of rock, but in 1910, the owner of the island decided to turn it into paradise. He shipped tons of topsoil from the mainland to the island and imported flowers, plants, shrubs and trees from all over the world. The result: an exotic and impressive paradise full of colour throughout the year.
The boat ride to Garinish Island takes about 10 minutes and the ticket does not include admission to the island (see below). The view over this part of Bantry Bay is beautiful, and you may even see some seals sunbathing on the rocks.
Daily from March - October between 10am-6pm
Senior Citizens: EUR2.50
AR76's Related Pages
Glengarriff Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Bambo Park - Glengarriff"
- "Garinish Island - Ilnacullin"
- "Gleann Garbh"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Glengarriff
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Glengarriff?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Glengarriff
Top 10 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 24 reviews, 9 photos
- Kaatsheuvel Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Antwerp Intro, 14 reviews, 6 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Edinburgh Intro, 10 reviews, 4 photos
- Cairo Intro, 7 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Luxor Intro, 8 reviews, 2 photos
- Castlebar Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- North Bull Island Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Clontarf Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos