"Bataan And Its Beauty" Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Bataan by syllybabe

Province of Bataan Travel Guide: 214 reviews and 901 photos

We had been planning the trip to Bataan for several weeks and finally found the perfect weekend to go.
Bataan has been calling me back for several reasons...The last time I visited was maybe 12 years ago when, in college, Montemar Beach Resort was where my friends and I spent our weekends (pictures in my off the beaten path tips Manila page).
Vt has given me a chance to meet 2 wonderful people, D._Pepper (Dante) and birgitte (Karen), who is from Orani, Bataan.
We visited Karen and she introduced us to her family, her babies (Happy, Cole, and many others I couldn't remember the names of...go visit her page if you want to see pics of them all;-), her home, and her province.
I had a great time. Karen's mom's an excellent cook and I'll be dreaming of her chicken pastel for months. Dante was kind enough to share 1 whole gay crab with me...and it was excellent. Thank you, Atty., I know it was painful to share but I endured the hateful stares thrown my way through lunch. hehehe(",)
We went up to Mt. Samat and had a terrific time taking pictures. It hasn't changed at all since I first visited in the late 80's.

Dambana ng Kagitingan

Mt. Samat is known for the 36-storey cross called Dambana ng Kagitingan (Shrine of Valor) built in 1966 by then President Ferdinand Marcos.

Bataan's Hidden Treasure

Karen's watercolor paintings are beautiful. I took a pic up close to show you the details of this bougainvilla painting that's still unfinished. I wonder what inspires Karen...hmm;-)

• Last visit to Province of Bataan: Oct 2002
  • Intro Updated Apr 10, 2003

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2008 at 3:34 AM

Good tips on Bataan, I was at Corregidor Island last year but did not have time to visit Bataan peninsula :)

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2005 at 5:08 PM

Nice pictures and a great place to meet others from this electronical mileau!

• Bonobo2005's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2003 at 12:19 AM

very entertaining page with cool pictures...I think I would skip the elevator ride (brrrrr..) but would call at Karen's for a meal :-))

• craic's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2003 at 2:14 AM

Yes. Gay crab is a bit of a worry but the miracle bush sounds - well - miraculous.

• safardreams's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2003 at 6:51 PM

Hi Syl, nice going in here. When you can put some more WW2 HISTORY on here. Thanks, David

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2003 at 8:52 PM

A lovely VT Meeting! Your photos are beautiful! Interesting comments.

• May 8, 2003 at 4:51 PM

WoW! Thanks for making Bataan your travel destination.

• May 6, 2003 at 7:06 PM

Syl, kewl Bataan page. Thanks for sharing.

• kenmerk's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2003 at 6:05 PM

I'd love to see Bataan and Mt. Samat... There is much in the PI that I have yet to see...

• Mandy23's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2003 at 3:12 AM

Great travelogues :-)

syllybabe

“Go where the locals go!”

Badges & Stats in Province of Bataan

Have you been to Province of Bataan?

Latest Activity in Province of Bataan