"Tierra Adorada, Hija Del Sol De Oriente..." Top 5 Page for this destination Philippines by syllybabe

Philippines Travel Guide: 25,244 reviews and 85,760 photos

My Country, My Home

My country, The Philippines, has 7,107 beautiful islands, every one of which is worth exploring. I've traveled to far away places but always came back to this place about 84.5 million Filipinos (2002) call home.
Journey with me as I take you to places that I've been to and will continue to travel to.
In the 90's the Department of Tourism had a really good ad campaign which I think now, more than ever, is fitting.
"Huwag Maging Dayuhan Sa Sariling Bayan" (Don't Be A Stranger In Your Homeland)
Mabuhay!
Please see my Manila page for info on the city and the islands.

FILIPINAS

I will never forget my spanish professor in college whose greatest joy was watching us squirm if we came to class late because she would ask us to sing the Philippine National Anthem in spanish in front of the whole class. I did it once and was never again late.

Tierra adorada, hija del sol de Oriente
su fuego ardiente en ti latiendo esta

Tierra de amores, del heroismo cuna,
los invasores no te hollaran jamas

En tus azul cielo, en tus auras,
en tus montes y en tu mar, esplende y late el poema
de tu amada libertad.

Tu pabellion que en las lides
la victoria ilumino, no veranunca apagados
sus estrellas ni su sol.

Tierra de dichas, de sol y amores,
en tu regazo dulce es vivir;
es una gloria para tus hijos
cuando te ofenden, por ti morir.

• In a nutshell:7,107 islands you can explore
  • Intro Updated Mar 8, 2003

• MURRA's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2008 at 9:44 AM

thanks for info

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2007 at 6:55 PM

what a marvelous intro to a gr8 country? absolute A+. i liked the way you have sprinkeled colours all over :-)

• pangelipc's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2007 at 1:35 AM

I agree with you, but I like that they try to compete with Jollibees. My kids love McDo, so I get to eat their fried chicken which we do not have in the states. I love chicken with gravy.

• Apr 7, 2007 at 6:38 AM

Oh my God! Syl! You still know the national anthem in Spanish! Gosh! I admire you! Now, i feel like going back to my Balarila, El Fili and Pepe and Pilar. Cheers! Good, good pages!

• sirenna's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2007 at 4:20 AM

Loved your tips, especially detailed descriptions of 'tampo'! This is very useful info for first time visitors to the country. :)

• benazer's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2007 at 8:19 AM

Very nice,very interesting,very hepful pages.I enjoyed very much looking and reading. I will be back,ok.

• Dec 11, 2006 at 12:22 AM

The link has been changed... The full text of that speech can be found at: econ-discourse.blogspot.com/...

• AnitaJRT's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2006 at 9:14 AM

Fabulous photo -- what a great "eye" you have!!! Great page.

• PINOYSAILOR's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2005 at 8:57 AM

My spanish professor in college made me sing one of Jose Rizal's favorite lullaby in front of all the spanish faculty to make up for one of my test that I failed. She always picked on me bec she said that I looked mestizo and couldnt speak spanish.

• ligaya's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2005 at 5:01 PM

comment from my husband:himno nacional en espanol,que bonito.excelente.palabras bonitas.

syllybabe Used To Live Here!

syllybabe

“Go where the locals go!”

Badges & Stats in Philippines

Have you been to Philippines?

Latest Activity in Philippines