"Floating Markets, Floating Food, Floating Shops" Top 5 Page for this destination Damnoen Saduak by syllybabe

Damnoen Saduak Travel Guide: 98 reviews and 253 photos

This page is more than just about the floating markets of Damnoen Saduak.

Herein, I included the other attractions that can be found in Ratchaburi province that were included in the tour that we took that day.

The floating markets are more than just a tourist attraction with a lot of shops. It's a place I'd want to go back to again and again for the delicious food and the smiling faces such as this lady's in the photo.

• Pros:Yummy coconut pancakes
  • Cons:Haggle, haggle, haggle!!!
  • Intro Updated Sep 2, 2003

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2009 at 3:00 AM

The fruit looks so nice and fresh, makes my mouth water just looking at the photo!

• Myndo's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2006 at 12:52 PM

I really enjoyed reading through your experiences in Damnoen Saduak. It seems you had a very good guide - but worms? Don't know if I had tried that...

• Oct 4, 2003 at 5:42 AM

Worst thing is.. those worms leave a thick coating over your mouth after you've eaten them... Amazing craftmanship, one of the things why I love Thailand, and the thais.

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2003 at 1:12 AM

I came back to this page just because I wanted to dream about the Khao Lam!!!

• dinhyen's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2003 at 10:31 PM

Food and shopping, sounds like the perfect getaway :) I can imagine the line at the local McDonald's, "Would you like some silkworm fries with your Big Mac?" :) "Boeing" gives me an idea.. now I want to name my daughter "Mercedes" and son "BMW".

• kenmerk's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2003 at 11:11 PM

Our tour guide there was named Airbus, I wonder if these two are neighbors ??

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2003 at 5:28 PM

Great floating page! I am not sure about Deep Fried Worms and my stomach although... :-)))

• safardreams's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2003 at 5:43 AM

Hi my good friend! Interesting place. I had WORMS in ZIMBABWE. I'm the only one who tried them! Thanks, David

• SirRichard's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2003 at 3:36 AM

Free pancakes, no 150B pic... U must be good at bargains, LOL. Soup for breakfast is something I'll never get used to... nor fried worms!!!

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2003 at 3:13 AM

WARNING: DO NOT READ BEFORE EATING! A sticky good page, Syl. Want some khao lam now.

syllybabe

“Go where the locals go!”

Badges & Stats in Damnoen Saduak

Have you been to Damnoen Saduak?

Latest Activity in Damnoen Saduak