"Heaven in Hua Hin" Top 5 Page for this destination Hua Hin by syllybabe
Hua Hin Travel Guide: 588 reviews and 1,122 photos
On the morning of Tuesday, August 26th, supposedly my 6th and final day in Bangkok, I was lounging with friends in the living room helping them plan their day after I leave. My bags were packed yet I had a booking for Thursday the 28th just in case I got convinced to stay a couple of days more.
I checked out the Lonely Planet guide and it seemed as though I had seen most of Bangkok's most important sights and all that was left for me to do was get out of the city and experience a bit more of amazing Thailand...if I decided to stay.
And stay I did when my friends agreed to go to the beach with me. The choice of where to go was easy. Hua hin got the vote compared to Pattaya although it's a bit farther away at 220kms south of Bangkok on the west coast of the Gulf of Thailand.
A quick call to my favorite travelagent4thailand to check which mode of transport is best then we were stuffing swimsuits and sunblock into backpacks borrowed from Tish. Soon we were out the door and into a cab for the train station in Hualamphong.
I was hoping Yen would come but we decided at the last minute and it was on such short notice that she didn't think she would make it in time for the 1pm train.
Hua hin, meaning stone heads, got its name from the big boulders scattered on the beach at the end of Damnoen Kasem. Rather than distract from the beauty of the long stretch of sandy white beach, the stone heads add character to the shoreline.
While in Bangkok and you have time to head down to the beach, Hua Hin's the place to go.
We didn't eat here although they probably would have had better food than at where we ate. The Hua Hin Brewing Company... more travel advice
Right across Hilton's brewery on Naretdamri, Sawasdee offers Western and Oriental fare at tourist prices. The food isn't... more travel advice
syllybabe's Related Pages
Hua Hin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hua Hin Thailand"
- "Hua Hin..."
- "Heaven in Hua Hin"
- "The Gulf of Thailand"
- "Memory of Hua Hin"
- "Sunrises from Hua Hin Beach"
- "The Royal City - Hua Hin!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hua Hin
- Hotels in Hua Hin
- Transportation in Hua Hin
- Nightlife in Hua Hin
- Restaurants in Hua Hin
- Shopping in Hua Hin
- Warnings and Dangers in Hua Hin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hua Hin
- 37 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 30 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Hua Hin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hua Hin
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangkok Intro, 85 reviews, 101 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bacolod City Intro, 53 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manila Intro, 67 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boracay Island Intro, 43 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philippines Intro, 39 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hua Hin Intro, 37 reviews, 38 photos
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 32 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tagaytay Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- Rome Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corregidor Island Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos